1989 replies to this topic

#1981 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,830 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 12:55 PM

Chad - the problem with Texas is that while we don't have to contend with hurricanes (unless one lives along the coast  :biggrin: ), we are smack dab in the middle of Tornado Alley.  And our Spring thunderstorms tend to rival hurricanes in the amounts of rain that comes all at once  :umbrella:   Summer temperatures in July thru early September tend to hover over 100 degrees. . .there doesn't appear to be any place on this tiny blue marble that is just right all the time  :lol:

BJ - Here's hoping that you weather the storm with minimal hassle and damage.  Please  keep us posted  :hugs:

I have a good friend and her family who live in North Dallas. I've become very familiar with the Tornado Alley scares! I can say I am quite grateful for the weather here at the base of the foothills of the Appalachians. I get shielded from quite a lot of harsh weather on all sides. I would never want to live anywhere else for this very reason! And then there is the sheer beauty. Here's a shot of the south side of my place. I took this with my phone so I guess it got turned automatically. Sorry. That is Pilot Mtn in the background. I hike there often and there is a wonderful park with trails all around the "knob". MANY university students come to climb there and it is a sight to behold on several fronts! :love3:

20171103_121625.jpg

animated_background_b1.gifLife's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.animated_background_b1.gif

#1982 Roamer1

Roamer1

My cute butler "massages" me. Mmmm.....!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,733 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 06:28 PM

That is a real scenic picture.
Peace.

#1983 Smokeshadow

Smokeshadow

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,234 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 08:21 PM

Chad - What's the pavillion on the left side of the image, just above the small cedar tree?

My mind is software; I will reprogram it.
My body is a shell; I will modify it.
Death is a disease; I will cure it.
Extinction is ever-looming; I will fight it.

#1984 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,830 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 08:34 PM

Chad - What's the pavillion on the left side of the image, just above the small cedar tree?

It's part mowing equipment shed and part well house. :love3:

Here's a couple from the base of the knob I took in 2010 and one with my Georgey boy. :love3:

Jan 2010 035 (Small).jpg

Jan 2010 034 (Custom).jpg

animated_background_b1.gifLife's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.animated_background_b1.gif

#1985 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,337 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 02:54 PM

For those of you not having 80 degree days ...

cold as fuck.jpg

No one can be exactly like me. Even I have trouble doing it. - T. Bankhead

#1986 Roamer1

Roamer1

My cute butler "massages" me. Mmmm.....!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,733 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:06 PM

Is that why we are green with envy???..........
Peace.

#1987 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,337 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 06:44 PM

Last week a cruise ship tourist (from California) asked me how to get back to the ship - at 10 am!  He and his wife had been in port a whole three hours!  When I asked why such a short time in town he said it was too hot and humid!  Lol!  I started laughing and pointed to the goosebumps on my arm because I was cold!  I told them they should never ever come down in Summer!  Honestly - it was probably 76-78 at that hour, and the humidity has dropped significantly in the last 6 weeks.

I'm going to Seattle in early January - my tourist visa runs out and I really have to winterize the house.  I've been watching my thermostat and it dipped down to 47 inside the house a night or two already!  I have the furnace turned off and really don't want to have it on while I'm gone - but if it drops much more I'll have to hit the button on my phone app and warm the house a little (Googling says I shouldn't let it drop under 50 for long, but doesn't really give any reasons).  I think the Méxican consulate in Seattle has probably settled in after their move, so I'll try to get my residency started asap.  That will mean I'll be back to Mazatlán probably in February or March.  April is the latest, as I have a timeshare week to use or lose (I'm not banking the Mazatlán weeks at this point).  I'm already anticipating feeling like a popsicle while I'm in Seattle!

#1988 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,830 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:02 PM

I love the cold weather! :love3:

• Bj1 likes this

#1989 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,337 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:29 PM

I love the cold weather! :love3:

You should move to Seattle, and I have just the house for you!  They have 6 very nice weeks of sun in Aug/Sept but otherwise it's usually overcast, chilly, and drizzly.  Everything is green all year long because of it, and it's beautiful when the sun comes out.  I'm just tired of always being cold and damp.  Mazatlán is HOT and humid, so I'm still damp - but I'm not shivering!

I've decided that I'll travel to cooler locations during the Summer months, and enjoy the balmy 80's the rest of the year!

#1990 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,830 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:45 PM

You should move to Seattle, and I have just the house for you!  They have 6 very nice weeks of sun in Aug/Sept but otherwise it's usually overcast, chilly, and drizzly.  Everything is green all year long because of it, and it's beautiful when the sun comes out.  I'm just tired of always being cold and damp.  Mazatlán is HOT and humid, so I'm still damp - but I'm not shivering!

I've decided that I'll travel to cooler locations during the Summer months, and enjoy the balmy 80's the rest of the year!

It does sound ideal! :love3:

• Bj1 likes this

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users