221 replies to this topic

#21 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

I think we made those posts at exactly the  same time.

I get caught up in them and can spend hours easily just browsing from one to the next. It's my guilty Internet pleasure.

Yep, I've "wasted" so much time on it I now sometimes rob myself of its joy for of a questionable value regarding what's really important. Damn employment, chores, eating, sex, etc.... :love3:

animated_background_b1.gifLife's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.animated_background_b1.gif

#22 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,801 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:19 PM

a1951c3ca71d9bfe41b5c952ef3f64f5-d6_zpsd

Candle Lit Lake

by PeterJCoskun

From the photographer:

After driving all the way up to the grand canyon in the middle of the night with a friend of mine to make it there in time for some night shooting and a sunrise we decided to head back towards Phoenix taking a few detours. While we never got any great night shots nor a grand sunrise, just being up there is always a pleasure. After sunrise we headed towards Sedona and tried to figure out a good spot for sunset. We still had a few hours to spare until anything began to happen, so we drove around a bit to take in some of the fall foliage around town. Suddenly, an idea popped into my head. I knew I had to be at work at 4am the next day, so I didn't want to have to drive almost four hours from the canyon after sunset, nor two from Sedona. I remembered a place that was on my autumn location list, Watson Lake. Every now and then I see a decent image from here and have seen a few with golden fall colors scattered around. The clouds were shaping up for some possibly epic light conditions, so we stuck around until sunset. My buddy had went to the shoreline to scout out some compositions and I remembered seeing this tree while we were both down there. I figured I would head to the top of the lake to get an expansive view at sunset (which I did), but then when the light seemed to disappear I turned around and saw this fiery red sky. I immediately ran down to where my friend was shooting (a similar comp in which I had visioned) and we were both lucky enough to get a shot of this incredible light show. What was even more exciting for me was the golden tree sticking out so perfectly against the granite with the sky on fire. A perfect combination of light, season, and landscape. The lack of sleep from this shoot was sooo worth it.

Those midwives to history put on their bloody robes

#23 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

Candle Lit Lake

by PeterJCoskun

From the photographer:

AwEsOmE! ty P :love3:

animated_background_b1.gifLife's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.animated_background_b1.gif

#24 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,801 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

JANUARY 5: "With temperatures at about 22 below zero with a -50 windchill, it was hard to find the beauty in the brutal weather in Bismarck, N.D. But sundogs, a ring of light visible around the sun or moon when light is refracted through ice crystals in the atmosphere, are quite beautiful along Highway 83." (Brian Peterson/The Star Tribune)

CORRECTION-Deep-Freeze-Nort_zps711e76fd.

#25 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,801 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:03 PM

So inspiring.

u2kf.gif

#26 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

So inspiring.

u2kf.gif

:D agreed!

#27 Scott

Scott

You want some of this??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,727 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

That's just because of the guy walking through the pic.  :lol:

If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

#28 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,801 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

Very nice.

full-1.gif

#29 Smokeshadow

Smokeshadow

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

Very nice.

attachicon.giffull-1.gif

Pastol - any idea which falls that pic is showing?

My mind is software; I will reprogram it.
My body is a shell; I will modify it.
Death is a disease; I will cure it.
Extinction is ever-looming; I will fight it.

#30 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,801 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

Katoomba Scenic Railway (Katoomba is about a 60 mile drive west from Sydney.)

The Scenic Railway in Katoomba is the world’s steepest passenger railway. The original railway was used to transport coal from the (now abandoned) mine and has been converted into a 52-degree incline railway transporting passengers back up to the township of Katoomba.

The railway is very popular with tourists as it allows them to venture into the valley without having to come back up via the Giant Staircase — so named because it has over 1000 steps.

tumblr_mzozuq19U71qapau9o2_1280.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users