562 replies to this topic

#561 ChadCox

ChadCox

Bitch Please!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,667 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 07:11 PM

Brett, why did you choose to settle in Mazatlan rather than other places like Las Palmas/Cabo or even some other state than Sinaloa? And is traveling up or down 150 anything similar to a road trip up or down the west coast of the US? I'm just curious because I have a friend vacationing on a road trip down #1 from Ensenada and so it got me studying the map and thinking of you. :love3:

Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.

#562 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,328 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 12:07 PM

Brett, why did you choose to settle in Mazatlan rather than other places like Las Palmas/Cabo or even some other state than Sinaloa? And is traveling up or down 150 anything similar to a road trip up or down the west coast of the US? I'm just curious because I have a friend vacationing on a road trip down #1 from Ensenada and so it got me studying the map and thinking of you. :love3:

Cabo San Lucas.  I don't like desert.  It's also a tourist drinking town, expensive, and the beaches aren't nice.

Puerto Vallarta.  Tourist town.  Beautiful though.  Too small for me - I like cities.  More expensive than Mazatlán.  BIG gay ex-pat community though.  So-so beaches.

Durango.  Church every second block.  No beaches.  No thanks.

Mazatlán.  Affordable.  Great beaches.  Great food.  Nice people.  City big enough to have everything.  Not as many tourists.

México City.  Nice areas are expensive and cheap areas are not nice.  No beaches.  If it was on the coast I'd have found a way to afford it.

Teotihuacan.  I'd definitely live here if my Spanish was better.  Pyramids.  An hour from México City.  No beaches.

Creel.  Mountain town near Copper Canyon.  Canyon is spectacular and would make me forget about beaches, but I could never find a home for sale here.

Acapulco.  Hadn't been there when I was looking for a place.  It would be #1 on my list today.  Bigger than Mazatlán and fewer tourists from the USA/Canada.  No regrets though!

Manzanillo.  Too industrial.  Definitely a working town, primarily a seaport.  I'd pick someplace like this if I spoke fluent Spanish.

Zihuatanejo.  Like a small Puerto Vallarta without the gays.  VERY nice though, I'd vacation here again.  Really, it's beautiful here.

Puerto Escondido.  Surfer dudes and dudettes.  Constant influx of 20 something tourists with rich daddies because of the surfing and partying.  Nice to be there a few days, but that's it.  Food is excellent though.

Huatulco.  Didn't make it that far south - I hear it's nice though.  Has a small ex-pat community.  Too small for me.

Traveling on 150 (and 15 and 200).  No, not the same.  Hwy 101 in the USA goes along the coast and 150 (15, 200) is usually a few miles inland.  This means no ocean view.  Same thing about going through small towns every 30 to 60 minutes though.  And the drive through Nayarit is beautiful.  Haven't been north of Los Mochis, so I can't speak to that section.  I do intend on making my way up to Puerto Peñasco someday.  

I'm not strange, weird, off, nor crazy, my reality is just different from yours - Lewis Carroll

#563 ChadCox

ChadCox

Bitch Please!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,667 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 06:14 PM

Cabo San Lucas.  I don't like desert.  It's also a tourist drinking town, expensive, and the beaches aren't nice.

Puerto Vallarta.  Tourist town.  Beautiful though.  Too small for me - I like cities.  More expensive than Mazatlán.  BIG gay ex-pat community though.  So-so beaches.

Durango.  Church every second block.  No beaches.  No thanks.

Mazatlán.  Affordable.  Great beaches.  Great food.  Nice people.  City big enough to have everything.  Not as many tourists.

México City.  Nice areas are expensive and cheap areas are not nice.  No beaches.  If it was on the coast I'd have found a way to afford it.

Teotihuacan.  I'd definitely live here if my Spanish was better.  Pyramids.  An hour from México City.  No beaches.

Creel.  Mountain town near Copper Canyon.  Canyon is spectacular and would make me forget about beaches, but I could never find a home for sale here.

Acapulco.  Hadn't been there when I was looking for a place.  It would be #1 on my list today.  Bigger than Mazatlán and fewer tourists from the USA/Canada.  No regrets though!

Manzanillo.  Too industrial.  Definitely a working town, primarily a seaport.  I'd pick someplace like this if I spoke fluent Spanish.

Zihuatanejo.  Like a small Puerto Vallarta without the gays.  VERY nice though, I'd vacation here again.  Really, it's beautiful here.

Puerto Escondido.  Surfer dudes and dudettes.  Constant influx of 20 something tourists with rich daddies because of the surfing and partying.  Nice to be there a few days, but that's it.  Food is excellent though.

Huatulco.  Didn't make it that far south - I hear it's nice though.  Has a small ex-pat community.  Too small for me.

Traveling on 150 (and 15 and 200).  No, not the same.  Hwy 101 in the USA goes along the coast and 150 (15, 200) is usually a few miles inland.  This means no ocean view.  Same thing about going through small towns every 30 to 60 minutes though.  And the drive through Nayarit is beautiful.  Haven't been north of Los Mochis, so I can't speak to that section.  I do intend on making my way up to Puerto Peñasco someday.  

♥♥♥ so fun to read, had to bring up the map again ♥♥♥ I definitely get the logic. :love3:

Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users