362 replies to this topic

#1 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,801 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

DUCKS! The ducks are coming the ducks are coming!

What To Say When The Ducks Show Up

I, FOR ONE, am going to know what to say when the ducks show up. I've made a list of phrases, and although I don't know which one to use yet, they are all good enough in case they showed up tomorrow. Many people won't know what to say when the ducks show up, but I will. Maybe I'll say, "Oh ducks, oh ducks, oh ducks," or just "ducks wonderful ducks!" I practice these sayings every day, and even though the ducks haven't come yet, when they do, I'll know what to say.

Excerpt from Cruel Shoes by Steve Martin

Posted Image

This week on PBS, the DUCKumentary. Wednesday night here, check your local listings.

> flashvars="video=http://video.pbs.org/videoPlayerInfo/2289804427/?player=PBS_Partner_Player_v1&start=0&end=0&balance=true&player=viral&end=0&lr_admap=in:warnings:0;in:pbs:0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" width="512" height="328" bgcolor="#000000">

Watch target="_blank">An Original DUCKumentary Preview on PBS. See more from target="_blank">Nature.

Ducks are ancient creatures.  True originals, ducks practice habitual lifestyles that have been essential to their evolutionary success for millions of years.  There are more than 120 different species of ducks—many with delightful names like “Buffleheads,” “Shovelers,” and “Woodies” that embody their charming personalities and curious mannerisms.  Despite the glorious display of their iridescent feathers, these webbed-footed waterfowl maintain a reputation for being clumsy and awkward.  But in reality they are surprisingly athletic birds; some have been clocked flying almost 100 mph, allowing them to outpace eagles and hawks.  Ducks have an uncanny knack for survival, and their exuberant behavior never ceases to entertain.  Take to the skies with a flock of green-winged Teal. Watch Wood ducks raise a family. Learn why Goldeneyes head north in the winter.  Each bird is unique, full of surprises, and will leave you eager to learn more.

Those midwives to history put on their bloody robes

#2 Tyler

Tyler

Bandit was the love of my life.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,844 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

If it lays an egg, it will fall down the back of the television set. :rolleyes:

PJ_Marvin.jpg

#3 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,801 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Anyone been watching "American Horror Story - The Asylum" this season? It is very risqué an during the first few episodes this season they showed that little twinks cute butt a few times. Beyond all of that, it is a super scary show.

#4 Catman

Catman

Catman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

It seems AT&T is giving free preview access to virtually all it's UVERSE premium channels such as HBO, Showtime, etc., for this whole Holiday weekend. Between a full football schedule, UVERSE TV, TR updates, and also my new VUDU movie account, I certainly will have more to watch than I can possibly handle. :rolleyes: :) It will be especially interesting to see what woth while viewing I can come up with on cable Premium TV. For those who might normally have access to these channels, please give a heads up on anything especially good or interesting that I should watch for. ;) :) Cat

#5 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,801 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

Hulu has this broken into three parts. This is the second part. James was on Jimmy K. Wednesday night. He "arrived" in a hot air balloon to promote his new movie but that's in the first part.

Damn he's handsome.

http://www.hulu.com/...56692#i0,p12,d1

#6 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,801 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

BTW, anyone been watching "Monday Mornings" on Monday evenings? I've watched the first 2 episodes and like it quite a lot.

#7 keoniana

keoniana

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

I am so sick and tired at all the commercials on the telly.Over and over again. Cars,mattresses, drugs and I am stuck with it being home bound. Thank God for Tylers Room/ He keeps me sane keo

#8 Scott

Scott

You want some of this??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,967 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Yeah I felt like that when I was sick last winter. I was so damn sick about all I could do was lay in bed or on the couch and watch TV. I got tired of seeing some of the same freakin commercials over and over day in and day out...lol
If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

#9 keoniana

keoniana

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

I agree with you, Scott 100 % keo

#10 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,801 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

It is amazing that advertisers have come to the conclusion that brainwashing is more important than substance. The blatant acknowledgement that repetition takes precedence over facts is nothing short of astonishing. As if most of the programming itself on T.V. is not insulting enough, we are told that if they say it enough times we will eventually believe that we need it. And of course, changing the faces with the same script will do just fine also, right? We all understand the need for advertisements, but no single ad should be run ad nauseam. It is a sad statement on so many levels.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users