3146 replies to this topic

#21 hamlet

hamlet

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 05:04 PM

well as long as long as I'm in trouble - I might just as well do it properly...... :(
"Though this be madness, yet there is method in't."

#22 Scarborough

Scarborough

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 05:07 PM

I saw this an instantly thought of...........well (nevermind) :scared5:

Dear sweet Hamlet ...

Takes me way back - it's been a long time since I saw the clip...

However it has always been a gay icon.. For my wedding, my nephew downloaded that song, as well as many versions of "It's Raining Men" - hahahaa!! We played them at full blast to let the neighbours we were having a party!

Thanks, good buddy!

:hugs: :hugs: :whole waving:

scarbie

#23 LaRoux

LaRoux

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,833 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 05:27 PM

well as long as long as I'm in trouble - I might just as well do it properly...... :(

The first, and only, music video produced and paid for using US taxpayers money. :D Originally planned to be used as a recruiting tool (it worked on one person), the entire campaign was dropped when it was learned the govenrment paid for the video. But the controversy only served to increase the song's popularity. btw, the Navy didn't even realize they had a bunch of gays promoting them at the time. :laugh:

rox - I can guess who worked with who and where - but do you know - are they all still with us?

The Original Members

Alex Briley (the soldier) born 12 April 1951 as of 2004 living in Westchester, NY and working for Sixuvus Ltd (the Village People corporation)

David "Scar" Hodo (the construction worker) born 7 July 1947

Felipe Rose (the indian and founding member of Village People) born 12 January 1954 currently living in a suburb of Richmond Virginia. After he moved from the Asbury Park area of New Joisey where he was a frequent patron at the Paradise Club.

Glenn Hughes (the leatherman) born 18 July 1950 died 4 March 2001 of lung
cancer

Randy Jones (the cowboy) born 13 September 1952 currently living in New York City

Victor Willis (the original police officer) born 1 July 1951 recently released from Betty Ford Clinic on 5 September 2006

Does that answer the question?

#24 joep5472

joep5472

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:02 PM

Sorry but I couldn't help but post the YMCA version from the movie Can't Stop the Music

This movie has it all! Bruce Jenner (pre-cosmetic surgery), Steve Guttenberg's hairy pecs, Valerie Perrine, Rosie the "Bounty Lady" and tons of men in and out of tiny shorts.

name="wmode" value="transparent"> type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

#25 Scarborough

Scarborough

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:18 PM

Sorry but I couldn't help but post the YMCA version from the movie Can't Stop the Music

This movie has it all! Bruce Jenner (pre-cosmetic surgery), Steve Guttenberg's hairy pecs, Valerie Perrine, Rosie the "Bounty Lady" and tons of men in and out of tiny shorts.

Love it Joe!! I never saw the movie ...

Lots of men in teenie shorts, but no flashes or anything ... a bit disappointing, really - I was ready for more! hahahaa!!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :whole waving:

scarbie

#26 lenny

lenny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:32 AM

This one is pretty clever :thumbs up: Just where do these guys get the ideas ?

#27 Scarborough

Scarborough

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:14 AM

This one is pretty clever :thumbs up:
Just where do these guys get the ideas ?

Clever, yes ... but wierd beyond belief! They must be on magic mushrooms...

:hugs:

scarbie

#28 hamlet

hamlet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:29 PM

Does that answer the question?

I had no idea the U.S. Navy had actually ordered and paid for that piece of high camp with public money. And I’ll just bet they dropped it like the hot potato it was when they found out. Hopefully the cheque was in the mail.

Those videos are around 30 years old now. When gay culture was loosing prominent icons in the late 80’s and 90’s because of the AIDS crisis, there were many rumours floating around. Predictably I guess, chatter concerning members of Village People where mentioned. There were more important things to worry about then, but yesterday when I came across those videos I was curious.

So thanks rox for clarifying that.

#29 hamlet

hamlet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:32 PM

enjoyed the clip joe - thanks for adding it. The films title rings some bells but I've never seen it. Is it worth viewing? :confused5:

#30 joep5472

joep5472

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 04:08 PM

The films title rings some bells but I've never seen it. Is it worth viewing? :confused5:

If you enjoy 70s campy movies then yes. Plus there is a lot of eye candy. Otherwise, it's quite awful. :lol:

One critic said:"If Thomas Edison had rushed to the patent office with his movie camera and this on the film, they would have roughed him up and tossed him into the street." :lol:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users