263 replies to this topic

#261 Smokeshadow

Smokeshadow

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,577 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 09:54 AM

fascinating look at US population and how much space we really have  :thumbs up:

https://www.mapmania...ace_the_usa_has

My mind is software; I will reprogram it.
My body is a shell; I will modify it.
Death is a disease; I will cure it.
Extinction is ever-looming; I will fight it.

#262 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,944 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 10:16 AM

fascinating look at US population and how much space we really have  :thumbs up:

https://www.mapmania...ace_the_usa_has

This is the big drive behind some people wanting to reform how Senate seats are alloted.  Bill Maher is constantly complaining that the Dakota's have two Senators each, while California and New York do as well.  The issue is not that the Senate is supposed to represent the people (directly), Senators represent STATES.

Coming from a hard core republican family I still think State rights should have representation.  Perhaps, if you're going to make a change, the change to the Senate should be that a super majority be required to quash any legislation from the House.  And while they're at it, maybe they can reduce the term from 6 to 4 years.  It makes me sick that in one term, a Senator is vested in their retirement plan.  Better would be to change vesting from 5 to 25 or 30 years.  And still lower the term.

I'm not strange, weird, off, nor crazy, my reality is just different from yours - Lewis Carroll

#263 ChadCox

ChadCox

Remembering Keo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 01:56 PM

This is the big drive behind some people wanting to reform how Senate seats are alloted.  Bill Maher is constantly complaining that the Dakota's have two Senators each, while California and New York do as well.  The issue is not that the Senate is supposed to represent the people (directly), Senators represent STATES.

Coming from a hard core republican family I still think State rights should have representation.  Perhaps, if you're going to make a change, the change to the Senate should be that a super majority be required to quash any legislation from the House.  And while they're at it, maybe they can reduce the term from 6 to 4 years.  It makes me sick that in one term, a Senator is vested in their retirement plan.  Better would be to change vesting from 5 to 25 or 30 years.  And still lower the term.

Yes, certainly at a minimum!

• Bj1 likes this

Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.

#264 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,944 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 11:09 PM

I'm not strange, weird, off, nor crazy, my reality is just different from yours - Lewis Carroll

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users