#1 xlntsx

xlntsx

My butler is very confused right now.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 02:41 PM

:angry:
I first read this "news" early this morning, then I read probably the best short article I've seen so far from the writer of "proceed at your own risk." The picture is from his blog as well ...
"WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HOMOSEXUALITY AND OBESITY? NOTHING

Give me a break. I hate news stories that are so silly that I can't properly satirize them.

In response to protests from the American Psychiatric Association, the Pentagon has apologized for its 2006 guidelines that still classified homosexuality as a mental disorder.

Did they send roses? A letter of apology? A hug and kiss? Did they have the air force sky write "sorry?" Nope. They moved homosexuality from their list of mental illnesses to their official list of "conditions and circumstances" that qualify service members for retirement or early discharge.

According to the Pentagon, homosexuality is now in the same category as bed wetting, stuttering, dyslexia, sleepwalking, motion sickness, obesity, insect venom allergies and fear of flying.

Reading this list, I realize that I'm a mess. Four of them apply to me, five if you count water sports.

Ex-Senator Rick Santorum is rumored to have called the Pentagon this morning to chastise them for once again overlooking bestiality."

SIGH!!!

>HUGE bear hug< ....b

Attached Images

• sorry.jpg

I consider sex a misdemeanor -
the more I miss, de meanor I get! Attributed to Mae West (questionable)

#2 tonypa

tonypa

i do my own butlering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,394 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:06 PM

:thumbs down: :thumbs down: thats par for both the pentagon,---- and [glad to say] my ex senator. :thumbs down:
be kinder then necessary,
for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
-------------------------------------------------------------

#3 Scarborough

Scarborough

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:21 PM

Well titled, XL!! You've got to be kidding!!! :o scarbie

#4 LaRoux

LaRoux

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,833 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 06:53 PM

Does this count as "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING?"

SHILOH, Ill. - A picture book about two male penguins raising a baby penguin is getting a chilly reception among some parents who worry about the book’s availability to children — and the reluctance of school administrators to restrict access to it.

The concerns are the latest involving “And Tango Makes Three,” the illustrated children’s book based on a true story of two male penguins in New York City’s Central Park Zoo that adopted a fertilized egg and raised the chick as their own.

Complaining about the book’s homosexual undertones, some parents of Shiloh Elementary School students believe the book — available to be checked out of the school’s library in this 11,000-resident town 20 miles east of St. Louis — tackles topics their children aren’t ready to handle.

Their request: Move the book to the library’s regular shelves and restrict it to a section for mature issues, perhaps even requiring parental permission before a child can check it out.

For now, “And Tango Makes Three” will stay put, said school district Superintendent Jennifer Filyaw, though a panel she appointed suggested the book be moved and require parental permission to be checked out. The district’s attorney said moving it might be construed as censorship.

Filyaw considers the book “adorable” and age appropriate, written for children ages 4 to 8.

“My feeling is that a library is to serve an entire population,” she said. “It means you represent different families in a society — different religions, different beliefs.”

Lilly Del Pinto thought the book looked charming when her 5-year-old daughter brought it home in September. Del Pinto said she was halfway through reading it to her daughter “when the zookeeper said the two penguins must be in love.”

“That’s when I ended the story,” she said.

Del Pinto said her daughter’s teacher told her she was unfamiliar with the book, and the school’s librarian directed the mother to Filyaw.

“I wasn’t armed with pitchforks or anything. I innocently was seeking answers,” Del Pinto said, agreeing with Filyaw’s belief that pulling the book from the shelves could constitute censorship.

The book has created similar flaps elsewhere. Earlier this year, two parents voiced concerns about the book with librarians at the Rolling Hills’ Consolidated Library’s branch in the northwest Missouri town of Savannah.

Barbara Read, Rolling Hills’ director, has said she consulted with staff members at the Omaha, Neb., and Kansas City zoos and the University of Oklahoma’s zoology department, who told her adoptions aren’t unusual in the world of penguins.

She said the book was then moved to the nonfiction section because it was based on actual events. In that section, she said, there was less of a chance that the book would “blindside” someone.

I know that the book caused a stir when it was first released, but what are these poeple thinking? If you close your eyes we don't exist. Don't they realize that their precious little children are exposed to gays, as well as every other type of minority group, every day.

I hope they don't let their kids watch "Ellen." God forbid they become a lesbian. Imagine if they watched "Oprah." All those little southern tikes suddenly becoming black. They probably do all watch "Springer." Which would answer quite a bit. :D

What is interesting is the "live vote" associated with the article. . . .

How would you handle offering "And Tango Makes Three" at an elementary school library?

54% voted “It’d be in the children’s section like any other book.”
15% voted “It’d be shelved in a way or in an area making clear it deals with mature issues.”
31% voted “It wouldn’t be in the library, period.”

I bet we know how the 31% vote/voted in the last US election.

So any comments? Should the little bastards be allowed to read this story?

#5 possum

possum

My butler is honest with me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 07:02 PM

Thanks for that story xlntsx. Reading the list from the pentagon, I am ok, I think. I will only admit to one of those categories (partly) :embarrassed: But what interested me as well was the sky writing pic of "Sorry". A few years ago in Sydney we had a "Sorry" march across the Sydney Harbour Bridge and into the City for a demonstration. Our current government refuses to say "sorry" to our indigenous aborigines, for all of the injustices that have been done to them since white settlement of Australia just over 200 years ago. Aborigines were not even counted in our population or given the right to vote until 1966. Anyway, during the March (which forced the Bridge to be closed to vehicular traffic) a sky writer wrote "sorry" over the city. It was just wonderful. The guy, who was only an employee of the sky writing company and who did not have permission to write the sign, was threatened with the sack until there was a public outcry and he was given "hero" status instead. Looking at the pic here again, I am pretty sure that it is the one from our Sorry march.

#6 xlntsx

xlntsx

My butler is very confused right now.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 07:08 PM

Thanks for that story xlntsx.

Reading the list from the pentagon, I am ok, I think. I will only admit to one of those categories (partly) :embarrassed:

But what interested me as well was the sky writing pic of "Sorry".

A few years ago in Sydney we had a "Sorry" march across the Sydney Harbour Bridge and into the City for a demonstration. Our current government refuses to say "sorry" to our indigenous aborigines, for all of the injustices that have been done to them since white settlement of Australia just over 200 years ago. Aborigines were not even counted in our population or given the right to vote until 1966. Anyway, during the March (which forced the Bridge to be closed to vehicular traffic) a sky writer wrote "sorry" over the city. It was just wonderful. The guy, who was only an employee of the sky writing company and who did not have permission to write the sign, was threatened with the sack until there was a public outcry and he was given "hero" status instead.

Looking at the pic here again, I am pretty sure that it is the one from our Sorry march.

Thanks for the information Possum ... I will send an e-mail to the writer of the blog to see where he got the picture.

>HUGE bear hug< ...b
I consider sex a misdemeanor -
the more I miss, de meanor I get! Attributed to Mae West (questionable)

#7 Smokeshadow

Smokeshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,838 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:22 PM

For lack of a better place to post this, and I didn't want to start a new thread, I give you this. . .

http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-14406818

Can someone over across the pond explain what these idiots have been drinking? :angry:
My mind is software; I will reprogram it.
My body is a shell; I will modify it.
Death is a disease; I will cure it.
Extinction is ever-looming; I will fight it.

#8 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,801 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:28 PM

Turn on the TeeVee any Sunday, you'll see it right here in the states. Granted, none that I've seen have actually challenged God with HIV yet but it is just a matter of time. Actually, I would be surprised to find that the same thing has not happened here already. It just hasn't made press yet. Maybe some cute little boy got in a balloon and few off to never-never land that week. As soon as news gets out some nitwit here will sell it to someone desperate enough to buy it. Disgusting!

Those midwives to history put on their bloody robes

#9 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,026 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:10 PM

Turn on the TeeVee any Sunday, you'll see it right here in the states. Granted, none that I've seen have actually challenged God with HIV yet but it is just a matter of time. Actually, I would be surprised to find that the same thing has not happened here already. It just hasn't made press yet. Maybe some cute little boy got in a balloon and few off to never-never land that week. As soon as news gets out some nitwit here will sell it to someone desperate enough to buy it.

Disgusting!

Agreed!!! :blink:

Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.

#10 Smokeshadow

Smokeshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,838 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:10 PM

I'm hijacking this thread for this:  http://www.huffingto...0000592&ref=yfp because I've got to ask. . .Is Paul Ryan certifiable?

My mind is software; I will reprogram it.
My body is a shell; I will modify it.
Death is a disease; I will cure it.
Extinction is ever-looming; I will fight it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users