32 replies to this topic

#31 Smokeshadow

Smokeshadow

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,581 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:36 AM

The first thing that came to my mind is the "open with" right menu option. Here's an article about removing programs from that and I imagine it would work in reverse to add a particular .exe as well. Hope so for you! "love3"

https://www.howtogee...nu-in-explorer/

Found this article for Adding programs to the open with context menu...

https://superuser.co...h-in-windows-10

Thanks, Chad.  But, that's how I set my file explorer to open image files with Graphics Workshop.  I utilized the "open with" route and checked the box that says always open this type of file with this program.

My mind is software; I will reprogram it.
My body is a shell; I will modify it.
Death is a disease; I will cure it.
Extinction is ever-looming; I will fight it.

#32 Smokeshadow

Smokeshadow

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,581 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:37 AM

Also, have you tried installing Graphics Workshop using the "Troubleshoot Comparability" options?

Not sure what you mean, Pastol.  The program's already installed.  Do I  need to install it again?

My mind is software; I will reprogram it.
My body is a shell; I will modify it.
Death is a disease; I will cure it.
Extinction is ever-looming; I will fight it.

#33 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,801 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:14 AM

Not sure what you mean, Pastol.  The program's already installed.  Do I  need to install it again?

I would. Remove it completely and then re-install. When you install, right click the installation icon. There will be an option, typically the third or fourth one down, that says "Troubleshoot Compatibility." Click that and follow the install options. But go the manual route, don't opt to let the system automatically select what it wants. Select the options to run it with additional permissions and I think the other one is something like This Program Ran On an Earlier Version of Windows or something like that. After selecting those 2 options, tell it that it ran on Windows 7. Then let it install that way. I've had pretty good luck with this option. Hope you do too!

Those midwives to history put on their bloody robes

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users