10097 replies to this topic

#1 ottawaian

ottawaian

Moving on .....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 03:44 PM

Hi all.What a day!Thought I'd drive up the valley 80 miles or 144 km apx. to visit family and friends and maybe even stop and have coffee with Tyler.Got to the west end of the city and had to buy gas and on the news this morning they said get out and get it quick as it was going up as much as 20 to 30 cents a litre. Got the gas but on the way the wind was blowing the car and stuff including tree branches all over the place. Then the skies opened and the rains came. Needless to say I turned around and headed back home thinking I'll do this on a nice sunny day, forget this. Drove through rain, the never ending road construction, and decided to stop for a Mac Magazine and then for a few groceries as I was going to feast and read and play with my new keyboard and mixer to use with garage band on my Mac. ( Thought I'd take up from where I left off as a young person and teach myself the keyborad and make music. ) I bought a new keyboard and firewire audio interface for guitar and mikes etc to hook up to my machines yesterday. My hobby for the fall and part time retirement. Got home, rain pouring down, groceries in hand, and tons of mail in the mail box. First thing I open looks so neat from the outside but when I opened it up it was an advertisement from MedProDirect.net.What do they sell and offer free but a full line of adult bladder control stuff for men and women (seniors ) with lots of free samples. Now this wasn't addressed to household but specifically to me. So I wondered after I laughed my head off --- where did they get my name, why me, surely I'm not that old ------ yet (yes I know some would argue). I let it go on to bigger and better things because in the mail were my new teach yourself the keyborad books (sitting on the ground in the pouring rain. They wouldn't fit into the mailbox.) Fortunatly turning around was a good thing because they hadn't blowen away and they weren't soaking wet, yet! In I go putting away the groceries and making myself a snack because I had intended to have breakfast on the road --- no not road kill but at one of the fine country spots we have on the way up the valley. Probably the new Antrim Truck stop, I hear the food is good! Then I think I will get ready to play with my keyboard and have fun but thought I'd check my email first. Big mistake --- problem after problem ---- a designer had uploaded a new home page to one of the web sites but none of the links worked. They are to showcase their new web site at their conference starting tonight in the Muskoka's. Got to get it fixed. Meanwhile still trying to answer many emails that got forgoten while I was in Toronto. Then the emails start pouring in. Job ad on web site incorrect and needs to be corrected. Have to finish off online registration for big conference in November and online registration and paymen starts Monday. I suddenly realize I still haven't written the manual to tell people how to register online so I have to get busy.To make a long story short ha ha..... here it is 4:41 my new music book still open to the first page, hundreds of problems solved and things are working as they should but I still haven't got the manual written, and I haven't had anytime to play with my new toys. And of course there is my adiction (Tylersroom I have to check it out every so often or it gets way ahead of me.)Well there you go, just another ordinary day in the life of a semi retired techno nerd. BUT I WILL GET TIME TO PLAY! I WILL!Ottawaian ;)
Ottawaian

Am I the still the first thing on your mind when you wake up......

#2 ottawaian

ottawaian

Moving on .....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 04:03 PM

And to top it all off a friend just sent me this in an email.What is going on??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Ottawaian ;)

Attached Images

• pinomore.jpg

Ottawaian

#3 moondoggy

moondoggy

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 04:08 PM

Otta I am glad that you can take it all in stride. I think I would have crawled back in bed and pulled the covers over my head trying to pretend I was not awake yet and it was all a bad dream. :(
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it".

#4 dodo

dodo

dOdInSkI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,569 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 04:28 PM

Jeesh - and I thought I had a bad day today...
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image You can bask in all my glory... but you'll never be divine. I'm sorry... user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

#5 ottawaian

ottawaian

Moving on .....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 05:54 PM

The manual is written and submitted. YEA! Now it's play time. :P :P :music: On your next visit Ian bring your sax and I'll record it and we can share it with the gang! :hugs: Ottawaian ;)
Ottawaian

#6 Tyler

Tyler

Bandit was the love of my life.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,820 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 06:51 PM

Arggghhh Otta what a day you had :lol: Damn square about the wind this morning, I spent the day picking up broken branches, rescuing flattened tomato plants and fishing my boxers out of the trees :lol:

cat.gif

#7 LaRoux

LaRoux

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,833 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 08:22 PM

Arggghhh Otta what a day you had :lol: Damn square about the wind this morning, I spent the day picking up broken branches, rescuing flattened tomato plants and fishing my boxers out of the trees :lol:

Just a shame the skinny little kid was still in the boxers in the tree. :laugh:

#8 LaRoux

LaRoux

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,833 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 08:26 PM

Arggghhh Otta what a day you had :lol:

Damn square about the wind this morning, I spent the day picking up broken branches, rescuing flattened tomato plants and fishing my boxers out of the trees :lol:

Just a shame the skinny little kid was still in the boxers in the tree. :laugh:

Your little storm spent some time blowing through Joisey today. Not much in the way of rain, lots of wind though.

Of course the porch was wet when I got home - so no painting this evening. But my little chimney sweep guy showed up - again. This is the third time this week he has come up with a reason to stop by the house.

Oh, I'm sorry, this was supposed to be your day. :D

#9 Roamer1

Roamer1

My cute butler "massages" me. Mmmm.....!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,786 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 10:02 PM

Some days just go like that, Otta! ;) Glad you ended up having some time to play with you "instrument", I mean instuments...... :D
Peace.

#10 Roamer1

Roamer1

My cute butler "massages" me. Mmmm.....!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,786 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 10:05 PM

fishing my boxers out of the trees :lol:

Does that mean your boxers had woodies in them?............ :rolleyes:
Peace.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users