Most Liked Content

#257669 Happy Birthday, Tyler!

Posted by Tyler on 18 May 2018 - 11:46 AM

Thanks much guys... I spent the day gardening and enjoying the sunshine.

LOOK what I got for my birthday... this video is taken just before she finished it but I received the finished painting today - it took my breath away and it's off to the framing shop. I will post a pic when it's framed...

This is a short video from Denise showing the present, the same wonderful childhood friend who did the solo portrait of my boy.

:)

#253596 A picture is worth...

Posted by Bj1 on 27 May 2017 - 07:50 PM

full-moon-service-800x600.jpg

#252602 WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO

Posted by Tyler on 12 March 2017 - 10:08 PM

Did you ever wonder what happened to Dennis the Menace when he got older?

dennis.gif

#257958 Sad news

Posted by Scott on 28 June 2018 - 08:15 PM

Okay....we don't need to lose anyone else now!! :sad:

#257101 Bandit

Posted by Tyler on 30 March 2018 - 04:29 PM

The last one is just to show the fine detail and beautiful job the framing shop did. He was on display in the shop window when I went to get him and I almost dropped to my knees on the sidewalk. He's also on the front page of their website. :)

Watching over me like he always did....

Bandit_painting1.jpg

Bandit_painting2.jpg

Bandit_painting3.jpg

Bandit_painting4.jpg

#256065 Beautiful Things

Posted by Bj1 on 22 December 2017 - 09:41 PM

#255912 Merry Christmas.

Posted by pastol on 12 December 2017 - 06:09 PM

Star.jpg

#254766 And how was your day???

Posted by pastol on 29 August 2017 - 07:20 PM

Before I retired, the company that I worked for had a very large what we called "Regional Office" in Charlottesville, VA. During a migration of our data centers from the Regional Offices to 3 hubs in the south (Atlanta, Dallas & Phoenix) I was assigned to coordinate the Charlottesville move. I got to know the people in the IT department (back then it was called DP) very well. They were a smart group. Well-oiled and the shop ran like a top. It was a fine mix of personalities and all of them very friendly people. They were kind and fun and always treated me like they'd known me forever. Right up to the day I retired I kept in touch with them. Often I'd call to run something by them to get a reaction. Corporate Headquarters was talking about implementing this or that and I'd call people in the "field" to get a feel for how it would directly affect them. Corporate was really good at that, coming up with ideas without thinking about how it would affect those people that were one step closer to our customers than we were. Charlottesville was more often than not the office I'd call.

I remember the town very well. Very small, the University of Virginia and the company that I worked for were probably the 2 largest employers in town. The town always struck me as a little economically depressed, but not overtly so. They did have a few cool restaurants in town that only the locals could tell you about. In spite of the school, there seemed to be no nightlife. But parts of the town were very pretty and the second you crossed that not so invisible line to out-of-town everything transformed into a scene of beauty that was breathtaking. Many times after dinner I'd get in the rental car and just drive, just taking it all in. I lived in Phoenix at the time. This was a wonderful escape from sand sand and more sand. The lush tree lines and rolling hills were calming and soothing. The air smelled good and people often waved at you for no reason at all. Just 2 travelers passing as the sun went down.

I went up to Monticello during one of my trips there. It was interesting but a bit unsettling as well. "These were the slave's cabins." Holy shit, they were like 10 x 10 shanties. I'd seen enough and never went back.

But all in all it was a very nice little town, nice people and some very good memories. I've tried very hard to disassociate all of the news lately from those memories. I want to remember the beauty of the place and the people that I knew there with a smile and that same feeling of warmth that I always felt previous to the brouhaha of recent days, all over statues. Can't that be discussed without the entire calamity? Evidently not. It is very disappointing to have a small group of people try to twist those memories. In time I will push those events to the back of my head. At the same time, I'd like to think that Heather Heyer's memory will live on. It will be a convoluted argument that will play out in my head for some time. In the end, hoping that her mother finds the peace that she deserves would be the best approach.

charlottesville-va-14.jpg

800px-Woolen_Mills_Chapel%2C_Charlottesv

mountains.jpg

#254177 members face pics

Posted by ChadCox on 15 July 2017 - 09:15 AM

wOw...never saw this thread before...that I can remember.

Alzheimer's is a disease. OldTimers is a blessing.

BUT, can't believe I've never seen this one!

Mikeee.jpg

#253277 Breathtaking views

Posted by Smokeshadow on 01 May 2017 - 11:14 AM

the latest from the Hubble Telescope :shocked:  :shocked:  :shocked:

Attached Images

• space.jpg

#253044 Cows

Posted by Smokeshadow on 06 April 2017 - 10:50 AM

:claps:  :claps:  :claps:  :claps:  :claps:

Attached Images

• tumblr_onf5fhmIov1skedpwo1_1280.jpg

#252815 Pics around the garden

Posted by Bj1 on 22 March 2017 - 03:23 PM

It's getting to be that time of year!

17264529_621319981404852_303616919577746

#252468 more jokes and funny pics

Posted by Smokeshadow on 07 March 2017 - 10:41 PM

Tyler - Please be sure that Bandit sees this one :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  He'll appreciate it :claps:

Attached Images

• untitled%20d_zpsvqd3adf7.png

#251462 political cartoons

Posted by pastol on 26 January 2017 - 02:23 AM

ObamasShoes.JPG

#250977 political cartoons

Posted by Bj1 on 05 January 2017 - 11:03 PM

#250333 Pics of your Pets?

Posted by Navy on 26 November 2016 - 11:51 AM

Let's try this. The joy of uploading from an iPhone.

Attached Images

• IMG_6696.JPG

#250321 Pics of your Pets?

Posted by Tyler on 25 November 2016 - 06:40 PM

bandit.jpg

my_boy.jpg

I love my boy so much.

#250041 Hi Everyone!

Posted by Navy on 09 November 2016 - 08:51 PM

P.S. Navy's avatar is at my house too... he was the chef for our labor day BBQ weekend. :) (rubbing the meat seemed to take him a very long time though if I recall... ). :lol:

I had to find this and dig it out of the archives.  Holy crap - look how young (and thin) I was.  And Tyler - the kitchen must bring you flashbacks! :)

meat rubbing.JPG

#247593 Sad news

Posted by Bj1 on 05 May 2016 - 11:26 PM

Colton Haynes Comes Out As Gay

colton%20haynes2.jpg

http://instinctmagaz...s-comes-out-gay

The sad news is that he's not my boyfriend.  :(

#239988 A picture is worth...

Posted by pastol on 24 August 2014 - 09:43 PM

Three photos that I found on the Web today that I am excited about. The photos are very different but the majesty and "wow" factor in all three emanate from the same source. I will concede that in the first one, it is both the sun AND the rain at the same time that makes the shot so eye catching. The photographer made mention that through all of the rain, the sun was still shining and the net was catching it just right. There is much that can be said about the second one. Sunflowers turned brilliant by their own namesake. It is as if they are attempting to become one in the same. The petals ablaze from the sun shining through them, and the sun trying so hard to imitate them. The last one is my favorite. That's Mt. Rainier in the background. The colors are at once subdued and burning fiercely as if the lake is on fire. I bet the photographer wished for that moment to never end. Such a magical time of day to be out in the snow. No doubt the silence was deafening, and beautiful.

Fish-catch-under-rain.jpg

Sunflower-Explosion.jpg

rainier_tipsoo_snow_sunrise-4.jpg