2022 replies to this topic

#1 Palamede

Palamede

I shop at Abercrombie and Fitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 03:18 AM

I was coerced into seeing the new Star Wars, Part III . . . the reviews were actually quite good but: it's crap. Shall I expand on that? It's expensive crap. If only Lucas had saved the money from 1 explosion and spent it on a scriptwriter. If only the plot made sernse. If only the continuity worked. If only Skywalker's wife didn't only speak in the cliches of an American suburban housewife. If only McGregor wasn't sleepwalking through his part. If only the technology made sense.
But at least it's the last one.

#2 Catman

Catman

Catman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 04:26 AM

Hmmmm.........thanks for your review Palamede, I was just thinkling of posting something to ask if anyone had seen it yet. :rolleyes: Sound like I shouldn't waste my time or money. :rolleyes: I usually wait until these come out on video, anyway. <_< Cat

#3 Scott

Scott

You want some of this??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,724 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:16 AM

Yeah, I'll wait for it to come out on video too. :lol: Actually, I haven't seen the first two prequals either. :blink:
If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

#4 mark3274

mark3274

I shop at Bloomingdales

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:33 AM

well, I saw star wars 3 and Its a great movie...so those of you who want to see it I say yes its awesometheres nothing to hate about it.

#5 dodo

dodo

dOdInSkI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,569 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 03:23 PM

Guess this is one of those personal taste things... one will like it, the other won't... as already proven on the few posts regarding this one.I saw the 2 first ones that were released - the first one cos I wanted to... but I didn't like it. The second one because I was kind of dragged along, but I figured "why not?"... after all, it could have been better than the one I had seen.I hated it; absolutely hated it and I cannot understand the hype at all.Sure, it's a hype like anything else, and like I say, it's personal taste but Star Wars is not for me at all.I like special effects and big decors and all that, but too much is too much and these movies are far too much for me.
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image You can bask in all my glory... but you'll never be divine. I'm sorry... user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

#6 ross

ross

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,950 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 03:45 PM

It's expensive crap. If only Lucas had saved the money from 1 explosion and spent it on a scriptwriter. If only the plot made sernse. If only the continuity worked.

:thumbs up: My views entirely Palamede. Its so good to hear someone say that about SW111. Most people go crazy about it queuing up hours before the premiere outside the theater etc. I was in a job where we sold Star Wars videos like hot dogs. Star Trek and alot of other science fiction movies as well so I kept my opinions to myself and just watched in bewilderment. One classic incident was when a Star Trek convention was on at the same time as a guy was getting married and he wanted to change his wedding date so he could attend the convention. His wife to be naturally went ballistic. ;)
Drawn into a tale like wasps to a picnic.

#7 mark3274

mark3274

I shop at Bloomingdales

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:37 PM

well considering star wars 3 just did 85 million in 2 days you guys are in the minority this movie is going to make well over 400 million if not morestar wars 3 has already broken the records for 1 day money making out of any movie ever so most people do like it. :trump: :fight14:

#8 ross

ross

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,950 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:27 PM

Ok! if you leave your brain at home no doubt it has its moments.I didn't like 'Lord Of The Rings' either. Thats spectacular no doubt like Star Wars, but as boring as fuck. :thumbs down:

#9 ross

ross

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,950 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:48 PM

‘Blow Up’1966A film by Michelangelo Antonionibeautiful.It has everything, SeX, convertible rollers, SeX, a time capsule of mod London. Blessed are DVD’s, this film was made in the sixties.Very controversial in its day for its sex scenes. The first movie to show a glimpse of pubic hair.The film is studied by film students today.Antonioni’s film making techniques were and still are classic.Anyone remotely interested in film making should see this film.Anyone remotely interested in Photography should see this film.Anyone remotely interested in SeX should see this film.You have to use you brain. Its no SW’sMy advise is watch the special features section. Its a must. You learn alot about the film.I watched the special features section twice.David Hemmings was oh so sexy.Vanessa Redgrave and Sarah Miles a both sexy to I suppose. :lol: :whole waving:

#10 moondoggy

moondoggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:22 PM

Star Wars just does not interest me, but this afternoon I went to a 3:00 p.m. showing of Kingdom of Heaven at a cinemaplex near me. Star Wars was being shown on 5 different screens there and tickets were sold in advance for all shownings today. It is like a cult following and will make many millions of dollars just like Star Trek and Lord of the Rings movies. There is an audience for it, I am not one of them but they are there. Give me "Blow Up" any day for real entertainment and talent. ;)
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it".

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users