#1 Tyler

Tyler

Bandit was the love of my life.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:16 AM

Hi guys,

I'm having a really perplexing issue I've been trying to solve for three days now and maybe you guys can help me.

Starting on Wednesday of this week browsers started caching logins (not regular saved passwords but actually cached so you don't have to enter it in a new browser session) for 'tylersroom.net' and no longer asking for a log in when you hit the member page unless a reload is done of the page. If you do get straight in to the members page without the prompt coming up, which is what happens with me, a lot of stuff seems not to work as you're not actually logged in and again one has to reload the member page this time (often a hard reload only works - control reload etc) to get the login prompt and things behave normally.

I've reached out to people I know in the biz and get mixed results - some aren't seeing any issue like that others are. Oddly enough 'videos.tylersroom.net' does prompt for a login always (this is where the Originals are and Downloads) but it's a different domain and that login is supposed to be seamless and would be if you were properly logged into the main site but that just adds to peoples confusion when they get prompted for that section only.

In this environment AEBN feeds become an issue as well and don't appear to work to the layman user as their security doesn't think you're logged in so they send you on a loop of authentication to my "enter" page. The only solution is to keep refreshing the members page every day but this is clearly not a good thing and I've spent 3 days now trying to figure this out. My hosts are not being much of a help as they say browser caching is not a server problem but I have my doubts as it's every single browser it's happening with (at least with me and the others who report same problem) and only specific to 'tylersroom.net' domain.

Are you guys all experiencing this? If so anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? I'm going to call my hosts today and see if I can get their ear more seriously.

"The only thing we are really sure of is that we live and want to go on living. This is something that we share with everything else that lives, from elephants to blades of grass—and, of course, every human being. So we are brothers and sisters to all living things, and owe to all of them the same care and respect, that we wish for ourselves." — James Brabazon

sig.jpg

#2 Tyler

Tyler

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:58 AM

Well my hosts found the issue and looks like a hack so working on it....

"The only thing we are really sure of is that we live and want to go on living. This is something that we share with everything else that lives, from elephants to blades of grass—and, of course, every human being. So we are brothers and sisters to all living things, and owe to all of them the same care and respect, that we wish for ourselves." — James Brabazon

sig.jpg

#3 Roamer1

Roamer1

My cute butler "massages" me. Mmmm.....!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,685 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 01:00 PM

Good luck in trying to get everything to work as smoothly as possible, Tyler.
Peace.

#4 Tyler

Tyler

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 03:37 PM

Well it wasn't a hack - still a mystery... but I wrote a little code to kill browser sessions after an hour and that appears to be working but I'm still in a test environment until I'm sure. I also locked down a ton of picture hot-linking (300,000+ requests in 24 hours all from China) which already seems to have sped things up a bit here and other pages.

So knock on wood tomorrow if you go to the main site it will resume asking for your login first. You might need to visit the members page once before that happens and refresh one last time just to make sure you're on the page with the code and not a cached version... if this all works for certain I'll post more in here as well in the alert box at the top of the main pages to do just that and then we should be good to go (until the next crisis :P).

If this is fixed I will start my tweaking of the forum and the Originals to get those databases responding a little greasier.

sig.jpg

#5 Tyler

Tyler

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:51 PM

I think I fixed it... but as mentioned, you'll probably need to hard reload the members page once more (Ctrl reload in Chrome and IE, Shift reload in Firefox) to get logged in and this time when you close your browser it should go back to asking you for your credentials before hitting the members page as it used to when you start a new session.

sig.jpg

#6 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,697 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:21 PM

I think I fixed it... but as mentioned, you'll probably need to hard reload the members page once more (Ctrl reload in Chrome and IE, Shift reload in Firefox) to get logged in and this time when you close your browser it should go back to asking you for your credentials before hitting the members page as it used to when you start a new session.

May be a sign of things to come given the current state of all things King Chump. :angry2:

Stay on your guard and try not to let fretting distract too much. You can count on us to stay tuned for anything we might can do.

Everything seems to be working fine for me. I'll test around just for the fun of it! :love3:

animated_background_b1.gifLife's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.animated_background_b1.gif

#7 Scott

Scott

You want some of this??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,757 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:24 PM

I never noticed a problem. Either I never had one or you were so good at fixing the problem that I didn't even know there was one.  :lol: 

If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

#8 fasteddy

fasteddy

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:07 AM

I had to re sign in once but the shortcut has kept it all since.. It all still seems like magic to me even though I started working with computers in the '70's when we had a 12x12 room with 50,000 btu's of air conditioning for the 4 desk sized disc drives..... :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users