44 replies to this topic

#1 belgian bloke

belgian bloke

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 05:36 PM

i need to get this off my chest, and there's just no one or no place else i can turn to so sorry guys. I'm not expecting any replies, it'll just bore you but i need to get it off my chest.i feel neglected. Ever since Peter came home from South Africa ( now 3 weeks ago - THREE whole weeks) he's been working from home. At first i thought this would be great. He'd be home when i finished work, and we'd get to spend the whole evening together... how wrong i was...He drops me off at work at 8 or 9 in the morning, depending on what time i start and picks me up in the evening. That bit is great, but that's about it. It's straight back to his laptop when we get home, and doesn't switch it off till 10-11pm. I'm lucky when he drags himself away from it to have dinner (half an hour -at most -, on the sofa, coz we don't have a study so his papers and all that have occupied the dining table)This project is really big and important, so i've tried to be understanding and all, but this has been going on for 3 weeks now. And i'm not talking onday to Friday, this is Saturday and Sunday too! We're having a bank holiday here this weekend, and this is the first time we've got some nice weather... how did i spent it? Spring cleaning the appartment. The only fun bit we've done in these 3 weeks is an hours walk along the beach last Sunday and dinner with some friends on Friday (and even that was just ok as the couple we went to both work for the same company, so conversation drifted off to work on several occasions) It's now Sunday, 11.30 pm, and guess what he's doing? He is under a lot of pressure and this project is really important for his department, i can understand that. But his boss didn't have a problem taking a week's holiday himself and his 2 colleagues who were supposed to help him seem to have switched off their laptop friday afternoon, so why can't he?The reason i haven't told him anything is coz i don't want to put him under any more stress, but it would be nice if he could acknowledge my presence every now and then and talk to me coz he wants to and not just when he's stuck on something and needs me to help him phrase things...whenever i do make a subtle hint that i'm still around too, he keeps telling me that it's a four week project, so after next week everything should be back to normal...which would be great if he didn't have to travel to europe for a week!!! And on top of that, whenever he does take a break and i'm reading a book or doing stuff on my pc, he expects me to drop everything and come and sit with him!!! That's the bit that really pisses me off... If he wanted a dog, he should have gotten one instead of marrying me!well, that's it... just had to tell someone...sorry it had to be you guys...and BTW, Lenny and rOss, the project he's working on at the moment is for Vodafone New Zealand, so don't expect me to be nice to you these days...it's all your fault!!! :D

#2 ottawaian

ottawaian

Moving on .....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 05:55 PM

Just love the big galout!I'm sure it's only a temporary thing and maybe you should book a night out at a nice restaraunt for the two of you. B) Really I have no advice BB just wanted to let you know that I read your post and do care.Hope things go better soon.Ottawaian ;)
Ottawaian

Am I the still the first thing on your mind when you wake up......

#3 LaRoux

LaRoux

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,833 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 06:06 PM

GET OVER IT!!!

Just kidding. Maybe you should try something a little romantic, like making a nice meal with candllight. Nevermind, the dining table is covered with paper.

How about lighting candles in the bathroom, filling the tub with warm water and rose petals. Then sneaking up behind him and giving him a nice shoulder massage, moving your hands downward eventually. If you can get his attention bydoing this, try and stear him into the bath and have a nice relaxing soak together. Then tell him that you thought he needed a break and a little attention.

by the way post # 29827

#4 belgian bloke

belgian bloke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 06:39 PM

thanks guys, like i said, i wasn't really looking for any advise...just something i had to tell someone...i've tried the dinner and candle light... his reaction was 'oooh candles...' which i thought was a good sign/start...yet half an hour later back to the laptop......i suppose some good may come of it...if this keeps going on, i'll hit 30000 tonight... :D and i know it's only a temp thing...but 3 weeks is a long time, it's not gonna change this week and next week he'll be gone...god only knows what'll happen after that....00.43 and still working away....

#5 LaRoux

LaRoux

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,833 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 06:49 PM

and i know it's only a temp thing...but 3 weeks is a long time, it's not gonna change this week and next week he'll be gone...god only knows what'll happen after that....

We won't see you for at least 24 hours while you play catch up. :fucking:

#6 Scott

Scott

You want some of this??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 07:34 PM

I hope things get better for you soon BB. :hugs: BTW, just walk around the house naked. See if THAT gets a reaction out of Peter. :rofl:
If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

#7 Scarborough

Scarborough

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 08:37 PM

I know the problem - I was a Financial Planner & Broker & worked all day in the office & then again at home 7 days a week. My beloved was not happy - I only got it when he became really angry - however that may not work for in your case. I would suggest the opposite - tell him in person (or by email?) that you love him & that you miss him. Ask if there is anything you can do to help him, as you are missing being a part of his lifew right now. Of course that may not work as well, but it will do YOU good to give unconditional love to someone...Good Luck!By the way, this is the perfect place to vent - there is so much support. Am I ever glad that I found Tyler & the Forum...

#8 LaRoux

LaRoux

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,833 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 09:23 PM

BTW, just walk around the house naked. See if THAT gets a reaction out of Peter. :rofl:

Oh Pahlease, that would make the poor guy go back to the office. :o Wasn't going to tell you this, but my working 24/7 was one of the reasons the weasil gave for looking elsewhere. I know you wouldn't do that, partly because rOss is soooooo far away from you. :haha: I crack myself up.

Am I ever glad that I found Tyler & the Forum...

And we are glad you found us. was that me? being nice?

#9 Scott

Scott

You want some of this??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 09:49 PM

OMG!!!! Write this down in the history books!!! LaRoux??? Being nice??? :haha: :haha: :haha:
If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

#10 LaRoux

LaRoux

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,833 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 09:52 PM

OMG!!!! Write this down in the history books!!! LaRoux??? Being nice??? :haha: :haha: :haha:

Up yours, ya little twerp. :finger: niceness only last so long, then I get bored. :laugh:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users