#11 Patrick

Patrick

My Butler Likes a man with a bush...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,310 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 02:13 PM

Thanks Dodo sounds Faboo and very tasty. Cant wait to try it! :eating cursor:
Life is short ~ Dance Naked ~ And Wiggle Your Ass!!!

#12 xlntsx

xlntsx

My butler is very confused right now.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 03:35 PM

This one is sometimes called "cuppa-cuppa-cuppa" it's very easy and gets lots of compliments .... needed: 1 stick butter (or margarine) 1 cup sugar 1 cup flour 1 tablesppen baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 cup milk 1 egg 1 can (minimum 29 ounces) sliced peaches (or other fruit with heavy syrup) oreheat overn 375 melt butter in 10 inch or larger cast-iron skillet (will also work in cake pan!) In a large bowl mix together sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt; add milk and egg. Pour batter into skillet on top of melted butter. Pour in sliced peaches with juice. (you can move the fruit around the pan but DON'T STIR!!! REPEAT: DON'T STIR!!!!!!) Place skillet on a cookie sheet lined with foil and bake about 30 minutes or until cake get done. Serve with ice cream.... >HUGE bear hug< ...b
I consider sex a misdemeanor -
the more I miss, de meanor I get! Attributed to Mae West (questionable)

#13 moondoggy

moondoggy

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 03:42 PM

All the recipes sound delicious but xlntsx that peach/blackberry cobbler sounds like a heavenly desert I cannot wait to try :pancake:
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it".

#14 xlntsx

xlntsx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 10:47 PM

OLD recipie .. but worth it!!! These usually don't last long enough to cool!! Oatmeal/chocolate chip cookies Cream 1 cup shortening (butter is good, but regular shortening is better) with 1 cup brown sugar ... and by cream I MEAN cream ... I usually start this, go off and do something else come back and add 1 cup granulated sugar...cream this ... then add 2 beaten eggs..cream..2 tabelspoons water ..cream add 1 teaspoon Vanilla. pre-heat overn to 350 Sift together 1 1/2 cup flour, 1 teaspoon soda, 1 teaspoon salt. add to mixture. Then add in 3 cups Quick oats (NOT instant). Add in approximately 6 oz of chocolate chips (can be sweet or semi-sweet) and I usually add in more chocolate chips ... but I'm a chocoholic ... >shrug< Drop onto cookie sheet ... cook for approximately 12 minutes (watch to see when they are done) ... cool on rack (at this point they usually start disappearing!!) >HUGE bear hug< ....b

#15 Flipper

Flipper

Congratulations! I have arrived...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 04:57 AM

I'm going to print these recipes; especially the cookies :hungry: By the way, the recipe for the soup D posted; you can also make it with carrots. A slightly different taste, but well worth it. And for those who like it a bit spicier ( ;) ), you can add some ginger to the mix as well. :eat:
user posted image user posted image user posted image

#16 snoopy

snoopy

I shop at Bloomingdales

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 01:51 PM

Smoked Tomato Soup This one takes a while, but the flavor is well worth it! I usually smoke the tomatoes the day prior, and then put them in the fridge until I'm ready to make the soup. 1 tbsp olive oil 6 slices pepper bacon, diced 1 large onion, chopped 2 cloves minced garlic 1 cup red wine 10-12 large tomatoes, smoked and diced (see below) 4 cups V8 juice 1 tsp tomato paste 2 tbsp chipotle Tabasco sauce or cayenne sauce 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme salt and pepper to taste In a large stockpot, heat olive oil with bacon and cook until bacon is brown and crispy. Add onion and garlic and sauté until you can smell the aroma. Add red wine and boil over high heat until reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes. Add tomatoes and V8 juice and cook over medium heat until liquid has reduced by about one fourth, 10 to 15 minutes. Add tomato paste, Tabasco and thyme. Pureé about ¾ of the soup with a hand blender or in a food processor, then mix back in with remaining soup. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot. Serves 6. Smoked tomatoes Remove grill from barbecue and spray with olive oil. Prepare the coals by piling briquettes on one side of the barbecue and lighting them. Let them burn until they are gray in color. Soak smoking chips (alder, apple, grape vines or any type of hardwood) in water. Core and slice about 10-12 large ripe tomatoes in half horizontally, then seed them in a small bowl of water. Drain the smoking chips and place them in an aluminum (disposable) pie plate, or make a tray out of tin foil. Place the plate with the chips on the coals. Put the grill on the barbecue and place the tomatoes on it, flat side down, on the opposite side of the grill from the coals. Cover the barbecue and smoke for 1 to 2 hours, adding more chips if the smoke dies down. Tomatoes should be lightly browned and have a lightly smoky smell. Once tomatoes are cool, cover them or place in a plastic bag and refrigerate until needed. Notes: - I use smoking chips from the grocery store. They sell them right next to the briquettes. -While it's not required, I peel the skins of the tomatoes before I put them in the soup. If they have been refrigerated, the skins come off very easily. -Don't turn the tomatoes on the grill, just let them sit and absorb the smoke.
The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.

#17 xlntsx

xlntsx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 02:09 PM

:) :) YUM!!!! >HUGE bear hug< ...b

#18 zephyr

zephyr

I shop at Bloomingdales

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 02:38 PM

There is an urban legend that a lady was charged $250 by Neiman Marcus for this cookie recipe. She got even with the company by sending it to everyone she knew, and asking them to pass it on. Neiman Marcus has it listed for free on their website. I had a friend make them. They were quite good, but not that different than other home-made chocolate chip cokies. I think it is the instant espresso coffee powder that is the only difference from other recipies. But it is a recioe that has become part of a legend. Ingredients 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened 1 cup light brown sugar 3 tablespoons granulated sugar 1 large egg 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1-3/4 cups all purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1-1/2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips Directions 1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cream the butter with the sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy (approximately 30 seconds) 2. Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract for another 30 seconds. 3. In a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture at low speed for about 15 seconds. Stir in the espresso coffee powder and chocolate chips. 4. Using a 1 ounce scoop or a 2 tablespoon measure, drop cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Gently press down on the dough with the back of a spoon to spread out into a 2 inch circle. Bake for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned around the edges. Bake a little longer for a crispier cookie. Yield: 2 dozen cookies

Attached Images

• 51897422_d459484193_o_1_.jpg

I just got through another day without any idea what I am doing.

#19 Scarborough

Scarborough

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 02:44 PM

Smoked Tomato Soup

This one takes a while, but the flavor is well worth it! I usually smoke the tomatoes the day prior, and then put them in the fridge until I'm ready to make the soup.

Sounds delicious, snoopy! I've copied into my recipies & will try it for sure!

Thanks buddy!!

:hugs: :thumbs up:

scarbie

#20 Sunshine

Sunshine

my butler oogles tyler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,870 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 03:42 PM

and for those of u that dont understand cream it means to thoroughly mix the butter/shortening with the sugar! butter flavored crisco works well for those wanting that butter flavoring but the recipe calls for shortening. :D
COCK IS COCK WHETHER GAY, BI OR STR8!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users