10324 replies to this topic

#10301 ChadCox

ChadCox

Bitch Please!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,887 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 10:04 AM

I love this! It's more responsibility than I want in retirement for me, but I'm on this side of that. How many times do you think that old woman has done the butter chicken meal? LOL :love3:

And one final question. What person "in good health" goes to the hospital for a catheterization???? I almost spit some coffee. Then I got to the heart cath part.  :love3:

• Bj1 likes this

Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.

#10302 ChadCox

ChadCox

Bitch Please!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,887 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 10:10 AM

OK. I've finished reading the paper. It's a really tight publication Brett and I'm impressed for sure! You might consider, and maybe I missed it, a "letter to the editor" type link. Like maybe by the social media links. That was clearly some work. And some skill! I hope it does not EXPLODE on encumbering your time but I imagine you have it well in hand. :love3:

• Bj1 likes this

#10303 ChadCox

ChadCox

Bitch Please!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,887 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 10:14 AM

Just being specifically nosey...

How much do you think the costs actually are with this project? I mean ALL the other "papers" have advertising from the start. It's a very giving venture at this point. I'm not familiar with the need/demand for the intended audience but I imagine it could compound beyond expectation as much as dwindle at such a generous and comprehensive project. I'm just impressed with layout and quality of presentation of the content as much as the news itself. :love3:

• Bj1 likes this

#10304 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,602 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 03:10 PM

Just being specifically nosey...

How much do you think the costs actually are with this project? I mean ALL the other "papers" have advertising from the start. It's a very giving venture at this point. I'm not familiar with the need/demand for the intended audience but I imagine it could compound beyond expectation as much as dwindle at such a generous and comprehensive project. I'm just impressed with layout and quality of presentation of the content as much as the news itself. :love3:

Thanks for the comments!

1.  Grandma with the butter chicken died a few years back.  They're still posting/re-posting her videos though, and she looks like she was a character.  I love Indian food and am sure her food is pretty tasty.  I think she probably made Butter Chicken a few times  :bumblebee2: .

2.  Yes, I do read the articles before I post them, so ... AMLO - I am precluded by the constitution of México from commenting (I actually am.  Google article 33 of the Méxican constitution).  Let me just say I think he got along with Trump on most things other than The Wall.

3.  I've put a little over a solid weeks worth of time into the site, so whatever the going rate for a web developer would be wages.  I'll go with $50/hr and 60 hours to develop = $3,000.  Probably have another 3 - 5 days left to go.  The theme was $59.  The plugin I use to grab stories/videos was $37.  Domain name just under $17.  My web hosting site lets me have unlimited web sites.  If it was just this site it would be $5.95 a month.  My internet to the apartment is $50 a month (I have speedy and generally reliable internet here - almost unheard of).  Then there is the overhead of electricity, computer maintenance, etc.  Lets say $10/month.  It'll take about an hour a day to scan the posts, pick which ones to approve, and tweak where needed - so that's $1520.83/month in wages.  If you amortize the startup costs over 3 years, you get a total monthly cost, including the wages I'm not paying, of $1674.20 a month.  Without wages it's $70.03.  Take out the computer, internet, hosting, and overhead costs because I pay those anyway, and it comes to $1.42 a month because the only extra cost for me is the domain name.

So out of pocket startup of $96.00 and then $1.42/month + about an hour a day worth of work.

:bumblebee2:

Oh ... letters to the editor!  Good idea!  I'll put that one on track with the classifieds page I want to add - if not for commercial advertising, for free personal ads.  Something to add if/when the site gets some traffic.

I'm not strange, weird, off, nor crazy, my reality is just different from yours - Lewis Carroll

#10305 Scott

Scott

Addicted to Men

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,862 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 11:25 PM

That's kinda cool. Bj!  :cool:

• Bj1 likes this
If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

#10306 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,602 posts

Posted 26 January 2022 - 02:21 AM

That's kinda cool. Bj!  :cool:

I'm not strange, weird, off, nor crazy, my reality is just different from yours - Lewis Carroll

#10307 ChadCox

ChadCox

Bitch Please!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,887 posts

Posted 26 January 2022 - 10:26 AM

3.  I've put a little over a solid weeks worth of time into the site, so whatever the going rate for a web developer would be wages.  I'll go with $50/hr and 60 hours to develop = $3,000.  Probably have another 3 - 5 days left to go.  The theme was $59.  The plugin I use to grab stories/videos was $37.  Domain name just under $17.  My web hosting site lets me have unlimited web sites.  If it was just this site it would be $5.95 a month.  My internet to the apartment is $50 a month (I have speedy and generally reliable internet here - almost unheard of).  Then there is the overhead of electricity, computer maintenance, etc.  Lets say $10/month.  It'll take about an hour a day to scan the posts, pick which ones to approve, and tweak where needed - so that's $1520.83/month in wages.  If you amortize the startup costs over 3 years, you get a total monthly cost, including the wages I'm not paying, of $1674.20 a month.  Without wages it's $70.03.  Take out the computer, internet, hosting, and overhead costs because I pay those anyway, and it comes to $1.42 a month because the only extra cost for me is the domain name.

So out of pocket startup of $96.00 and then $1.42/month + about an hour a day worth of work.

:bumblebee2:

Oh ... letters to the editor!  Good idea!  I'll put that one on track with the classifieds page I want to add - if not for commercial advertising, for free personal ads.  Something to add if/when the site gets some traffic.

Why? Why? Why? OMG Why you make me sweat like that?

This is NOT retirement. :love3:

s-l400.jpg

#10308 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,602 posts

Posted 26 January 2022 - 11:08 AM

Lol.  Really, the solid week's worth of work happened from the beginning of December until now - I only had two crunch days :)  Believe me, I'm enjoying the retirement more than not!

#10309 Scott

Scott

Addicted to Men

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,862 posts

Posted 26 January 2022 - 02:15 PM

Why? Why? Why? OMG Why you make me sweat like that?

This is NOT retirement. :love3:

attachicon.gifs-l400.jpg

I can almost smell that picture  :lol:

If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

#10310 ChadCox

ChadCox

Bitch Please!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,887 posts

Posted 26 January 2022 - 02:43 PM

Lol.  Really, the solid week's worth of work happened from the beginning of December until now - I only had two crunch days :)  Believe me, I'm enjoying the retirement more than not!

Of course you are my friend! I was only toying with you and your ready to specify break down of the expense. I KNEW I'd get the dirt out of you with ease. I'd like to crunch on you a couple days. :love3:

• Bj1 likes this

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users