32 replies to this topic

#21 Smokeshadow

Smokeshadow

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,234 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 12:32 PM

A rather silly question for Win10 users. . .where in the Control Panel settings do I set or re-set a switch that turns the "num lock" key ON when the computer boots?  Under Windows XP, Vista and 7, my computer has always booted with the number pad active.  Now it doesn't and I want to get it to stop doing that!!!

My mind is software; I will reprogram it.
My body is a shell; I will modify it.
Death is a disease; I will cure it.
Extinction is ever-looming; I will fight it.

#22 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,830 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:46 PM

A rather silly question for Win10 users. . .where in the Control Panel settings do I set or re-set a switch that turns the "num lock" key ON when the computer boots?  Under Windows XP, Vista and 7, my computer has always booted with the number pad active.  Now it doesn't and I want to get it to stop doing that!!!

I do this through the BIOS for the system. At the beginning of a boot hit del, exp, f5, f8 or whatever your system requires to enter the bios management program at startup. :love3:

animated_background_b1.gifLife's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.animated_background_b1.gif

#23 Smokeshadow

Smokeshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,234 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:41 AM

Thanks! Chad!!  That did the trick :claps:  :claps:  :claps:

#24 Catman

Catman

Catman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:40 PM

For some time I've been getting occasional pop up windows telling me to download Windows 10, but I'm completely happy with my Windows 7 so I so far have refused to do so. Today I get another one, but this time it says the free upgrade will only be available until late July (I forgot the exact date but I think it was the 27th or 29th).  I thought this issue was dead for me, but since some of you have been using Windows 10 for a while I was wondering what your advice might be for me now. You know what they say........."You can't teach an old dog new tricks".  :biggrin:

#25 Catman

Catman

Catman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:05 PM

Well, as expected, no response, but after thinking the matter over I realize that the only circumstance where I might actually need Windows 10 is if my current Windows 7 PC should crash and quit on me, and in which case I would have to get a new PC anyway. I'm quite sure that in that event I would have a hard time finding any new PC that didn't come with Windows 10 already installed. Sooo.......I've decided to pass up the current free upgrade offer.  <_<

#26 zonato

zonato

ZONATO -- Under Construction....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:37 PM

glad to see Catman still asking questions....  :)  

I have learned to never say never. There are fun new things to experience.

#27 Catman

Catman

Catman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:10 AM

Well, the deadline for involuntary upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 has come and gone, and I'm happy to report I still have my Win. 7. :party1: :biggrin: Am I celebrating too soon?? :blink2:

#28 Smokeshadow

Smokeshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,234 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:34 PM

I've got an interesting conundrum for all y'all.  I've got file explorer set so that whenever I double click on an image file (JPG, GIF, PNG, etc.) it will open utilizing a 3rd party software (Graphics Workshop Professional 8).  I've been using Graphics Workshop for years for image editing, cropping, conversion, and so forth.  However, in Windows 10, when I go to the settings to set the app that I want to use to always open image files, not only is Graphics Workshop not listed, there is no way to browse my computer to select the *.EXE file for the program.  And, I've also browsed the App store and haven't found a "APP" for Graphics Workshop.

Not a major issue. . .more annoying than anything, but any suggestions would be helpful.

#29 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,830 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:02 PM

I've got an interesting conundrum for all y'all.  I've got file explorer set so that whenever I double click on an image file (JPG, GIF, PNG, etc.) it will open utilizing a 3rd party software (Graphics Workshop Professional 8).  I've been using Graphics Workshop for years for image editing, cropping, conversion, and so forth.  However, in Windows 10, when I go to the settings to set the app that I want to use to always open image files, not only is Graphics Workshop not listed, there is no way to browse my computer to select the *.EXE file for the program.  And, I've also browsed the App store and haven't found a "APP" for Graphics Workshop.

Not a major issue. . .more annoying than anything, but any suggestions would be helpful.

The first thing that came to my mind is the "open with" right menu option. Here's an article about removing programs from that and I imagine it would work in reverse to add a particular .exe as well. Hope so for you! "love3"

https://www.howtogee...nu-in-explorer/

Found this article for Adding programs to the open with context menu...

https://superuser.co...h-in-windows-10

animated_background_b1.gifLife's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.animated_background_b1.gif

#30 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,801 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:43 PM

Also, have you tried installing Graphics Workshop using the "Troubleshoot Comparability" options?

Those midwives to history put on their bloody robes

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users