66 replies to this topic

#1 Catman

Catman

Catman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,785 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:22 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all, and a belated greeting to our Canadian friends who had theirs on Oct. 10th. :) In my family, this holiday is second only to Christmas in get-to-gether tradition and importance, but it has been some years since we have managed to do that. We are just too far apart now, and my 2 brothers now have their own family traditions. So I'm on my own even though I do have Ken as he celebrates with his own family. I usually try to make a special meal for myself that's out of the ordinary, but that doesn't involve too much work or leave too much in the way of leftovers. This year I'm planning to splurge a little and make it lobster tail as that is one of my favorite foods. Hopefully I can find some available somewhere. Our Costco usually has them and we're planning to check today. Ken and family usually do a turkey along with a prime rib roast. Of course being thankful for my many blessings is an important part of it all. ;) :) Most important of those is my loving partner Ken who continues to bring meaning and happiness into my life. Financial stability and my relative good health at my advanced age are other reasons I have to be thankful. :) Whether you're planning to celebrate with family or friends, or by yourself like me, here's hoping you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving! ;) :) Kitty :purrr:

#2 Catman

Catman

Catman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,785 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

We did manage to make a trip to Costco today, and I picked up a 2 pack of frozen Maine lobster tails. They're pretty small totaling 11 ounces, but that should be enough along with the rest on my Thanksgiving menu. Cost $19, but should be worth it. Costo had a number of spots giving out samples. Among them was an imported French cheese called Le Delice De Bourgogne. It's a soft spreadable light colored cheese packaged in various sized pie shaped chunks selling for $11/ lb. It tasted fantastic so I splurged and bought a $9 chunk. It should be great for snacks, etc. I recommend giving it a try if you're into that sort of thing. ;) :) :purrr:

#3 Tyler

Tyler

Bandit is the love of my life.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:26 AM

Happy Turkey Lurkey Day to all my US friends. B)

Posted Image

You can't handcuff the wind.

bandit_baby.jpg

#4 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,221 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:32 AM

Thanks for this forum!

animated_background_b1.gifLife's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.animated_background_b1.gif

#5 Scott

Scott

McGregor is hot!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,454 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:59 PM

Thanks for this forum!

As Roamer would say...

Ditto!

:lol:
If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

#6 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,192 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:12 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Those midwives to history put on their bloody robes

#7 Scott

Scott

McGregor is hot!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,454 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

Looks like a turkey chorus line. :lol:
If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

#8 Smokeshadow

Smokeshadow

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,828 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

A bump of this thread to wish everyone here at Tylersroom, from the big Turkey himself - Tyler, to Bandit, to all of my buddies here on the forums a:

VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING ! ! !

Attached Images

• 99HappyAllidays.jpg

My mind is software; I will reprogram it.
My body is a shell; I will modify it.
Death is a disease; I will cure it.
Extinction is ever-looming; I will fight it.

#9 Catman

Catman

Catman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,785 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to all. What I said about this time last year pretty much applies again this year.......right down to being alone again and the lobster, only this time Ken is going to cook a whole lobster for me and bring it over sometime tomorrow. I called my brother & family near Seattle today, and it turned out to be very timely as they leave tomorrow for two weeks in Florida. I envy them for being in warm sunshine for the occasion, but I don't envy them traveling on Thanksgiving Day. Final word.........STUFF YOURSELF!! ;) :D Cat

#10 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,221 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

:D

Attached Images

• gotturkey__Small_.jpg

animated_background_b1.gifLife's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.animated_background_b1.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users