41 replies to this topic

#1 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,192 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 03:57 PM

Am I the last guy on Earth that has NOT got the invitation to upgrade to Windows 10? I'm feeling so bewildered and confused and let down and kind of lonely. Why would they do this to me? After years of loyalty to a brand that is going to hell in a handbag (you didn't hear that from me) they snub me like this? I got it on my Windows 8 laptop, but not my desktop. Noooooooo! Everyone I've asked has got it. Hell, even my dad & mom have got it. I just got this new touch screen monitor and STILL I don't get an invitation to the party.

Why me?

NK.jpeg                                  whiners2.gif

Those midwives to history put on their bloody robes

#2 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,221 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:14 PM

Am I the last guy on Earth that has NOT got the invitation to upgrade to Windows 10? I'm feeling so bewildered and confused and let down and kind of lonely. Why would they do this to me? After years of loyalty to a brand that is going to hell in a handbag (you didn't hear that from me) they snub me like this? I got it on my Windows 8 laptop, but not my desktop. Noooooooo! Everyone I've asked has got it. Hell, even my dad & mom have got it. I just got this new touch screen monitor and STILL I don't get an invitation to the party.

Why me?

attachicon.gifNK.jpeg                                 whiners2.gif

Did you sign up for a reservation? https://www.microsof...m/EN-US/windows

https://www.microsof...m/EN-US/windows

animated_background_b1.gifLife's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.animated_background_b1.gif

#3 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,192 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:03 AM

Is that supposed to be funny? :axe chase:

You can't sign up for a reservation until you get the invitation to sign up for a reservation. :bang:

It comes via Windows Update. That is, for everyone except ME!

Bill Gates hates me.

#4 Scott

Scott

McGregor is hot!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,454 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:00 AM

There's a little window icon thingy that is at the bottom of my screen in the tool bar that will say "Get Windows 10" if I hover my mouse over it. I think I currently have 7 on my laptop and am wondering if I should try clicking on that icon thingy. I know some people that have 8 and they hate it, and I don't even know if there's a 9, so I'm not all that positive that I want to do 10.....lol

If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

#5 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,221 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:29 PM

Is that supposed to be funny? :axe chase:

You can't sign up for a reservation until you get the invitation to sign up for a reservation. :bang:

It comes via Windows Update. That is, for everyone except ME!

Bill Gates hates me.

O  K  Betty, calm down! LOL I didn't get my iconic invite until after I made my reservation on the link I sent you. If you did send the reservation and you have not gotten the icon yet, do NOT despair. You will still get the upgrade and yes you can actually burn an ISO for a clean install. So channel all of that into some hot assed posts mate! Cheers. :love3:

animated_background_b1.gifLife's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.animated_background_b1.gif

#6 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,192 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:25 AM

:big cry:

#7 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,221 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:27 AM

Pastol, the updater is loaded through Windows Update. I know some have that turned off or tightly controlled. Just wondering if maybe you didn't get that particular update yet? I know you will update to 10 like everyone else if the updater ID's your system as an existing 7 or 8.1 user beginning with the initial release on 7/29.

https://support.micr...n-us/kb/3035583

#8 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,192 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:43 PM

Yeah, I got that update and no invitation on my task bar. That's what prompted my rant here. I have since uninstalled it as one MS rep advised. It came down the pipe again but each time the update fails now. I can't find any left-over stuff from the initial update so I have no clue what's up with that.

#9 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,221 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:37 AM

:( holy crap. all that.

Can't imagine what that's about. Be sure to let us know if you get it figured out.

But I hope you don't stew over it too much even though it sucks. Are you on 7, 8, or 8.1?

#10 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,192 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:26 PM

Windows 7 SP1 on the rig in question. Came down perfect on the 8.1 laptop and my other (lamer) Windows 7 desktop. I donno. I do fret about it, probably unnecessarily. What I'd really like to do right now is reload my Windows 7 OS on this PC but I don't know if I should do it now before the update or wait. I hear that the update is just like a reload, but I really need to format my C drive every once in a while. I've gone longer than ever in LIFE without doing so at this time and it's starting to bug me. I have added and replaced spinners on this system since my last build which means that the C drive is no longer Drive 0 and that makes me crazy on a daily basis. Also, for some reason when I boot my system it doesn't recognize my Bluetooth keyboard/mouse anymore until Windows actually starts. Not a problem unless one wants to open the BIOS and you know I do. Plus when I get into the UEFI screens the mouse doesn't work limiting functionality. Can you see why this keeps me awake at night? I mean really, who can live like this?

c827992e72d19b9a3fa1153f27dc1667.jpg

I have a new 1 TB spinner sitting on my desk right now that I've been meaning to install for days and I just can't bring myself to open up that case. I know that once I do, there it is, all exposed, "Why, it would only take a few minutes to unplug everything, format that C drive and start the world over, cleaner, faster, and bring some order back into my world."

demotivation.us_Recognizing-an-addict-He-always-claims-hes-aware-of-his-problem_131342003827.jpg

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)