31 replies to this topic

#1 Catman

Catman

Catman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:53 AM

I guess this is mostly meant for Tyler, but anyone can respond.

After accessing the site, visiting some apps, and then going to the forum, upon returning to the main page I get a warning page about "members only" when trying to access certain apps, mostly movie feed apps I think. If I click the "members" thing in the upper right corner of the warning page I go back to the main page with app access restored.  Similarly, with the new CJXXX apps I get an "Authorization required" page instead of the warning page. I'm guessing, but could this possibly be some kind of glitch with the server?? It's nothing I can't handle as 100% access is restored if I leave the site altogether, and then re-enter. IOW, I eventually get access to everything, but in these cases I must jump through a few hoops to get it. <_<  Is anyone else experiencing this phenomenon??

#2 fasteddy

fasteddy

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:01 PM

I guess this is mostly meant for Tyler, but anyone can respond.

After accessing the site, visiting some apps, and then going to the forum, upon returning to the main page I get a warning page about "members only" when trying to access certain apps, mostly movie feed apps I think. If I click the "members" thing in the upper right corner of the warning page I go back to the main page with app access restored.  Similarly, with the new CJXXX apps I get an "Authorization required" page instead of the warning page. I'm guessing, but could this possibly be some kind of glitch with the server?? It's nothing I can't handle as 100% access is restored if I leave the site altogether, and then re-enter. IOW, I eventually get access to everything, but in these cases I must jump through a few hoops to get it. <_<  Is anyone else experiencing this phenomenon??

Same here...........

#3 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,340 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:58 PM

I've noticed that going on for a long time. Long before the latest update. I THINK what is happening is that we are timing out on the server at the other end, but remain logged on at TR. Or maybe visa-versa. What I have found the quickest way out is to just close the browser with TR on it, re-open it, logon to TR again, and off you go. It seem like I see it when I spend too much time in one app. You can also sometimes click on the "Account Controls" (upper right) drop-down and that will bring everything back. I don't know if it picks up that you are still logged on or what/why that works. I don't remember if you need to select something from the drop-down. Give that a try and see if it works for you.

Those midwives to history put on their bloody robes

#4 Catman

Catman

Catman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:19 PM

Well, I'm glad to know it's not just me. I was about to blame it on my Internet Explorer browser, which is always good scapegoat. <_< :biggrin:

#5 Tyler

Tyler

Bandit is the love of my life.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,651 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:48 AM

It is probably a good thing as it means you're spending a fair amount of time on the site. :rosslick:

Pastol surmised right - the feeds (AEBN and CJXXX especially) time out after a set time open - an hour I think for AEBN. Simply clicking on the "Tylersroom.net" logo at the top will fix the issue - you don't actually need to log in again or close browser - just refresh the page so your credentials are resent to the server (I didn't know it worked with the drop down but makes total sense and again Pastol is correct about that).

Sorry for the inconvenience but it's out of my control... my site has no such limits but those feeds do. I've asked CJ if there is something can be done to raise this limiter on his stuff but AEBN is probably not going to do it as it's a safety against abuse and site ripping.

:typing:

PS For CJXXX sites it doesn't matter how many sites you use or which ones you're on (doesn't even have to be one of those sites) it is a set time that will log you out of his sites after the time has lapsed (again I'm not sure what amount of time that is for those sites but I will try and get it raised) with AEBN you have to be on one of their feeds specifically for it to happen.

"The only thing we are really sure of is that we live and want to go on living. This is something that we share with everything else that lives, from elephants to blades of grass—and, of course, every human being. So we are brothers and sisters to all living things, and owe to all of them the same care and respect, that we wish for ourselves." — James Brabazon

bandit_baby.jpg

#6 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,340 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 01:42 PM

I the feeds (AEBN and CJXXX especially) time out after a set time open - an hour I think for AEBN.

hehehe, we like to edge.   :o

Those midwives to history put on their bloody robes

#7 Catman

Catman

Catman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:14 AM

Don't know if others are experiencing the same thing, but once again I'm not getting access to the CJXXX sites. I keep getting that sign in window. This is happening even if I leave the site and return. Anyone else??

#8 Tyler

Tyler

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,651 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:31 PM

There's some kind of issue for some members... we're investigating.

"The only thing we are really sure of is that we live and want to go on living. This is something that we share with everything else that lives, from elephants to blades of grass—and, of course, every human being. So we are brothers and sisters to all living things, and owe to all of them the same care and respect, that we wish for ourselves." — James Brabazon

bandit_baby.jpg

#9 Tyler

Tyler

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,651 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:21 PM

Fixed! Can you try now please and let us know.

bandit_baby.jpg

#10 Catman

Catman

Catman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:14 PM

The CJXXX site access problem appears to have been fixed, as I am now getting access with no problems. Thanks for the big fix. :wink: :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users