#1 Tyler

Tyler

Bandit was the love of my life.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,787 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:10 PM

beto_crowd.jpg

^^60,000 at Beto O'Rourke's rally with Willie Nelson on the weekend. Reminiscent of Obama crowds. The Republican Governor of Texas said Beto was "cult-like"... sounds like someone is running scared. Dripping in irony that comment is with his choice currently sitting in the White House. :P On the other hand that crook Menendez is running way too close in NJ... I doubt he'll lose but wasted resources on what should have been a 20 point win in NJ for a Dem in this climate.

I hope Sen. Klobuchar is serious about a 2020 run, as rumored. She's bookish, not a grand stander, is the most popular Senator in her state (MN) and might be the type of detox the US needs. If not she would be a great pick for VP or better still a SCOTUS nomination. That back and forth between her and Kavanaugh about HER drinking too much was really disgraceful.

Speaking of BK... he really throws a wrench in things no matter how it turns out. McCaskill (D-MO) and Donnelly (D-IN) are already noes and being pummeled for it in their red states. Heitkamp (D-ND) and Manchin (D-WV) are still on fence and will likely only vote yes if their vote means nothing or vice versa. The ever "concerned" Collins (R-ME) is hard to predict and likes to see herself as moderate but she usually tows the party line in the end. I think Murkowski (R-AK) is almost a certain no but not for the drinking and allegations but what Hawaiian Senator Hirono brought up in the first hearing about native Hawaiians and a very poor ruling Kavanaugh made for them which relates directly to Murkowski's native Alaskan base who propelled her to her write in win in 2016. Flake will do like Collins I would guess and his last minute antics were more of a play for cover to vote yes I think. I believe he and Coons (D-DE) are genuinely good men but still they are very much on their respective sides on issues. Nice to see the bi-partisanship though. To wrap that I believe the Kavanaugh stuff favours Republicans in the race for the Senate but heavily favours Democrats in the house race (I personally think at this time Dems will win both).

Bill Nelson (D) in Florida might be the luckiest guy on the slate as he looked dead in the water and completely unprepared for Rick Scott, a very hard campaigner, but Democratic candidate for Governor Andrew Gillum's coattails seem to be propping his numbers up.

:typing:

"The only thing we are really sure of is that we live and want to go on living. This is something that we share with everything else that lives, from elephants to blades of grass—and, of course, every human being. So we are brothers and sisters to all living things, and owe to all of them the same care and respect, that we wish for ourselves." — James Brabazon

sig.jpg

#2 Smokeshadow

Smokeshadow

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,109 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:36 PM

Unfortunately, Tyler, the underdog candidate for governor here in Texas, former Dallas County Sheriff, Lupe Valdez, isn't very well known outside the North Texas area; and, although she appeals due to her hispanic roots, Governor Abbott is awash in campaign contributions.  I see an uphill battle.  On the other hand, I do think you are correct about Beto O'Rourke against that little snot, Ted Cruz.  IMO, I'd vote for a rabid coyote against Cruz  :lol:   I seriously do not like that. . .gentleman and am keeping fingers (and toes and tongue) crossed about Beto upsetting him  :thumbs up:

My mind is software; I will reprogram it.
My body is a shell; I will modify it.
Death is a disease; I will cure it.
Extinction is ever-looming; I will fight it.

#3 Scott

Scott

You want some of this??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,787 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:34 AM

All I know is I'm not voting Republican. Any republican win in my eyes is a victory for Trump. I cannot stand the man, and I think that we need as many Democrats in office as we can to oppose him.

If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

#4 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,771 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:26 PM

Listen to what Barbra's given us for the season!

animated_background_b1.gifLife's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.animated_background_b1.gif

#5 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:51 AM

Listen to what Barbra's given us for the season!

Excellent.  

No one can be exactly like me. Even I have trouble doing it. - T. Bankhead

#6 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,771 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:20 PM

Any doubts about how FUCKED we may all be? This article shows just a tiny glimpse.

There simply has to come a serious FEDERAL solution.

https://apnews.com/8...65f63538b035d3f

• Bj1 likes this

animated_background_b1.gifLife's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.animated_background_b1.gif

#7 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,771 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:21 PM

Any doubts about how FUCKED we may all be? This article shows just a tiny glimpse.

There simply has to come a serious FEDERAL solution.

https://apnews.com/8...65f63538b035d3f

LOL HA HA HA "FEDERAL" and "solution" in the same sentence. HA HA HA LOL

#8 Scott

Scott

You want some of this??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,787 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 08:18 PM

All I know is I'm not voting Republican. Any republican win in my eyes is a victory for Trump. I cannot stand the man, and I think that we need as many Democrats in office as we can to oppose him.

I voted absentee ballot and I pretty much went down the line.....Democrat....check,  Democrat....check, Democrat...check  :lol:

If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users