#1 Sphinx

Sphinx

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:53 AM

OK, guys! :waves:

Ross asked for a book thread and it really is time we had one.

I would recommend reading "Stand Like Mountain, Flow Like Water" by Brian Luke Seaward. It's a book on introspection and self development. The general premise of the book is that stress permeates our lives because we separate ourselves from who we truly are (or hide it) and attempt to live a life that is incongruent with that true identity.

It's not a blockbuster-type book but it is an interesting and more than worthwhile read.

#2 Sphinx

Sphinx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:54 AM

Oh, never mind! I just saw the other thread. Damn! :ph34r: :blink:

#3 notTed

notTed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:33 AM

Below is a link to an article discussing a new book, "Manning Up. How the Rise of Women has turned Men into Boys":

http://www.realclear...ne__109324.html

Sounds interesting.

pax, notTed

#4 keoniana

keoniana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:11 AM

Very good article. One thing that I would like to say is that perhaps men and boys are more attracted to each other even when they are not gay. There is nothing better than to be in another guy's arms and know that he understands you and all your needs. Born gay but even so I am damn sure that no woman on earth, with the possible exception of my mother, would ever make me feel that way respectfully keo PS: I wish I were so well read as some of our members. I much appreciate being referred to many of the articles posted by y'all k

#5 notTed

notTed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:06 PM

Review in the New York Times by Henry Kissinger of a new biography of Otto von Bismarck. Henry describes it as the best biography of Bismarck in the English language.

http://www.nytimes.c...nberg.html?_r=1

pax, notTed

#6 grannymede

grannymede

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:17 PM

"Review in the New York Times by Henry Kissinger of a new biography of Otto von Bismarck. Henry describes it as the best biography of Bismarck in the English language." ...Think Henry will read it for the audio version? :lol: Granny

What ever happened to that archaic word "pr*bl*ms"?  I haven't seen it used in many a day.  That's why I typed it as if it is forbidden.  Is the dismissal of the word another sign of the wussification of America?  What does EOD say?

#7 notTed

notTed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:36 PM

Perhaps in the German language version.... ;) pax, notTed

#8 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,801 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:36 PM

I'm too lazy to look for "the other thread" that Sphinx mentioned.

I was talking to Keo today and our conversation reminded me of a book I had not thought about for a while. It is not new and not exactly timeless. Currently, it is still relevant.

What Is Your Dangerous Idea?

I loved reading this one when it first came out, and have revisited it a few times.

Those midwives to history put on their bloody robes

#9 keoniana

keoniana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:46 PM

Before reading Pastol's post I had already added the book from the Outreach program that I have with our public library. They mail me books and the return bag is postage paid. Saves me a lot of money rather than buying from Amazon which I used to do. With the number of books that I read it is amazing what this library have on their shelves including quite an assortment of gay literature. Keo

#10 Smokeshadow

Smokeshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,740 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

Just finished Ready Player One, the first novel by new author Ernest Cline. This is a book geared towards all the geeks out there who revere 80's pop culture, the internet, MMORPG's, Dungeons & Dragons and all sorts of video games. It's the little nerd vs. the big, impersonal corporate giant all wrapped inside an alternate reality.

http://www.goodreads...eady-player-one

Give this one a try, guys, and I think you'll enjoy it :thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up:
My mind is software; I will reprogram it.
My body is a shell; I will modify it.
Death is a disease; I will cure it.
Extinction is ever-looming; I will fight it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users