256 replies to this topic

#251 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,259 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 08:19 PM

When I thought about escaping hurricane Willa, I decided to come to Tlaquepaque (East Guadalajara).  I'm coming in December on a tour, and thought I could get away from the hurricane and get my bearings before the trip.  Here are some shots from today!

Tlaquepaque (27 of 27).jpg

Almost all the cities in México have these signs now.  They're festive!  Mazatlán has two sets, I think it was battling government officials!

Tlaquepaque (26 of 27).jpg

Statue of people storming the shopping area!!!

Tlaquepaque (18 of 27).jpg

There are at least three blocks of shops.  Thursdays and Sundays things go crazy.

Tlaquepaque (1 of 27).jpg

Tlaquepaque (2 of 27).jpg

Tlaquepaque (3 of 27).jpg

Tlaquepaque (4 of 27).jpg

Tlaquepaque (5 of 27).jpg

Tlaquepaque (6 of 27).jpg

Tlaquepaque (8 of 27).jpg

Tlaquepaque (9 of 27).jpg

Tlaquepaque (19 of 27).jpg

Many monuments along the streets - a lot by the same artist featured on the malecón in Puerto Vallarta.

Tlaquepaque (7 of 27).jpg

I like the shots of columns and arches.

Tlaquepaque (10 of 27).jpg

Marionette anyone?

Tlaquepaque (11 of 27).jpg

One of the shops on the street.

Tlaquepaque (25 of 27).jpg

You can find these dolls everywhere in México.

Tlaquepaque (13 of 27).jpg

The public market is here as well.  Downstairs are a ton of inexpensive restaurants.

Tlaquepaque (12 of 27).jpg

This is the spot I ate lunch at.  Hmmm.  I wonder why?  Too bad, too sad - his girlfriend came up halfway through my lunch and they made google eyes at each other.  I cried inside.

Tlaquepaque (14 of 27).jpg

Lunch was the three tacos de barbacoa and refresco combination.  Tacos were deep fried for some reason, but still tasty!

Tlaquepaque (15 of 27).jpg

Tlaquepaque (16 of 27).jpg

Tlaquepaque (17 of 27).jpg

Vendors upstairs were selling groceries.

Tlaquepaque (20 of 27).jpg

Tlaquepaque (24 of 27).jpg

There's a Rodo Padilla (http://www.rodopadilla.com/) gallery!  These are on either side of the entry.

Tlaquepaque (21 of 27).jpg

$305 usd.  I almost bought it.  If it's still there in December I may give in to temptation.

Tlaquepaque (22 of 27).jpg

More than $305 usd.  If it was two guys, I'd definitely get it.  This was my favorite piece.

Tlaquepaque (23 of 27).jpg

This is a large piece they had hanging on one wall.  Fun, fun, fun!

Ok.  That concludes the 'I'm in Tlaquepaque, where can I do fun shopping and find a cheap spot for lunch' tour!

Hurricane is making landfall now.  Mazatlán is getting rain, but power is still on and when I check my security cameras, things look pretty calm.  I saw a video of a spot a little South of Mazatlán, and things were VERY different.  Glad I came here though!

No one can be exactly like me. Even I have trouble doing it. - T. Bankhead

#252 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 08:38 PM

When I thought about escaping hurricane Willa, I decided to come to Tlaquepaque (East Guadalajara).  I'm coming in December on a tour, and thought I could get away from the hurricane and get my bearings before the trip.  Here are some shots from today!

Ok.  That concludes the 'I'm in Tlaquepaque, where can I do fun shopping and find a cheap spot for lunch' tour!

Hurricane is making landfall now.  Mazatlán is getting rain, but power is still on and when I check my security cameras, things look pretty calm.  I saw a video of a spot a little South of Mazatlán, and things were VERY different.  Glad I came here though!

My favorite Mexican restaurant here is The Tlaquepaque. :love3: This place is beautiful and so are your snaps (AND the lunch meat)! :rofl:

animated_background_b1.gifLife's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.animated_background_b1.gif

#253 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,259 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:14 PM

My favorite Mexican restaurant here is The Tlaquepaque. :love3: This place is beautiful and so are your snaps (AND the lunch meat)! :rofl:

Thanks :)  Dessert was fun to look at, but I want to see what his gay uncle looks like (everyone has one - or IS one!)  :)

#254 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,259 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:04 PM

Took a tour to Guadalajara and Tlaquepaque.  Just a few shots from today:

Tlaquepaque (28 of 6).jpg

Tlaquepaque (29 of 6).jpg

Murals by José Clemente Orozco.

Tlaquepaque (30 of 6).jpg

One of the plazas in Guadalajara

Tlaquepaque (31 of 6).jpg

My guide said 91% of Guadalajara is Catholic.  One of two main cathedrals.

Tlaquepaque (32 of 6).jpg

Rotonda of Illustrious Jaliscienses

Tlaquepaque (33 of 6).jpg

More art by Sergio Bustamante, the sculptor who does the funky stuff also in Puerto Vallarta.  There's a whole gallery full of fun stuff, but they don't allow photos.  https://www.coleccio...php?language=en

And ... I survived the tour without buying anything.  But decided I needed to go back to the area for dinner.  I'm now schlepping my well-bubble-wrapped 'Danza Del Venado' back to Mazatlán on the bus tomorrow!  I'm happy, my wallet is not.

#255 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,259 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 10:31 PM

Sr. Danza Del Venado made it to Mazatlán in one piece!  I am now breathing again :)

#256 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 09:05 PM

Sr. Danza Del Venado made it to Mazatlán in one piece!  I am now breathing again :)

I didn't see him! Anything glorious like this one? :love3:

.galeria-ballet-cazador-1.jpg

animated_background_b1.gifLife's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.animated_background_b1.gif

#257 Tyler

Tyler

Bandit was the love of my life.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 08:55 AM

Beautiful vibrant pics. :thumbs up:

• Bj1 likes this

"The only thing we are really sure of is that we live and want to go on living. This is something that we share with everything else that lives, from elephants to blades of grass—and, of course, every human being. So we are brothers and sisters to all living things, and owe to all of them the same care and respect, that we wish for ourselves." — James Brabazon

sig.jpg

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users