#401 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,715 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:19 PM

Köszönöm, Chad!

Budapest was one of those places I just felt at home in.  If they would give me citizenship with my great-grandparents being from there I'd take it in a flash, but usually it has to at least be grandparents, if not parents.  The food from that trip is why I decided on Prague for the next trip.  Food influences in Prague are from both Germany and Hungary, so I'll have the best of both!  That's moved Istanbul to the top of the places to go in the future!

Just got my notification to come down for fingerprinting at immigration.  I'm in the midst of renewing my residency here in México and that's the last step before going in and picking up the card.  Of course it took them three pages of legal crap to say it :)  Today's a holiday, AND it's been POURING down rain (If it wasn't warm I'd swear I was in Seattle), so I'll go tomorrow.  The renewal period is for three years, at which time they're supposed to allow you to convert it to a permanent residency.  With my local office you never know what hoops they're going to make you jump through, but at least I'll be good for three more years.

No one can be exactly like me. Even I have trouble doing it. - T. Bankhead

#402 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,715 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 12:13 AM

Put my Facebook page back online ....

#403 ChadCox

ChadCox

Remembering Keo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:31 AM

Köszönöm, Chad!

Budapest was one of those places I just felt at home in.  If they would give me citizenship with my great-grandparents being from there I'd take it in a flash, but usually it has to at least be grandparents, if not parents.  The food from that trip is why I decided on Prague for the next trip.  Food influences in Prague are from both Germany and Hungary, so I'll have the best of both!  That's moved Istanbul to the top of the places to go in the future!

Just got my notification to come down for fingerprinting at immigration.  I'm in the midst of renewing my residency here in México and that's the last step before going in and picking up the card.  Of course it took them three pages of legal crap to say it :)  Today's a holiday, AND it's been POURING down rain (If it wasn't warm I'd swear I was in Seattle), so I'll go tomorrow.  The renewal period is for three years, at which time they're supposed to allow you to convert it to a permanent residency.  With my local office you never know what hoops they're going to make you jump through, but at least I'll be good for three more years.

At least you don't have to fear being held in a barred camp with nasty, abusive guards. :love3: That's ONLY fun when you create it yourself with controlled props and mutual affection.

Yes, Prague will be something to look forward to. The album was fully beautimus!! :love2:

• Bj1 likes this

Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.

#404 Scott

Scott

You want some of this??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,086 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 10:07 PM

My mother's family was Hungarian. Her grandparents both came here to the U.S. from Hungary. I never met my great grandfather, but I did meet my great grandmother. She lived in Cleveland, and I can remember going to visit her. She passed away in I think 1977 or something like that.

• Bj1 likes this
If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

#405 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,715 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 10:32 PM

It's almost time for Carnaval!  Mazatlán's is the third largest, behind Rio and New Orleans.  Some might say Veracruz is third, but that's just their wishful thinking :)

Much of this video was shot at a neighborhood called Olas Altas (high waves - a lot of port towns have a neighborhood called this), which is where I begin or end most of my walks.  The pretty street is the one I live on - my end isn't so pretty though :)  Lol.  And the beach the boy is singing on is my favorite - La Isla de la Piedra (Stone Island).  

Enjoy, even if you can't be here in person!

#406 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,715 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 10:58 PM

My mother's family was Hungarian. Her grandparents both came here to the U.S. from Hungary. I never met my great grandfather, but I did meet my great grandmother. She lived in Cleveland, and I can remember going to visit her. She passed away in I think 1977 or something like that.

My natural father's grandparents came over in the early 1900's.  They were an odd mix of nationalities though - Hungarian (Magyar), French, Irish, and some Ashkenazi Jewish heritage too.  I talked my natural father into taking an Ancestry DNA test - my natural mother was a little wild in her teenage years, I wanted more than her say-so that he was actually my natural father.  Having both my and his DNA let's me see exactly what I got from each side.  Pretty fun after going 18 years not knowing anything, and another 30-something knowing very little.  

Did your mother speak Hungarian, Scott?  The guide for the food tour I took in Budapest said their language is only related to Finnish, and of course is one of the most difficult to learn.  Gaining Hungarian citizenship can be done if you can show a direct line to a fairly recent Hungarian ancestor, and sometimes they'll let you slide with going back a ways.  But you also have to have a reasonable grasp of the language.  I have trouble enough with Spanish!

#407 Scott

Scott

You want some of this??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,086 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 09:21 AM

No, my mother did not speak Hungarian. Her mother could though. Even though my grandmother was born in Pennsylvania her parents only spoke Hungarian at home so my grandmother spoke English with a Hungarian accent  :lol:

• Bj1 likes this
If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

#408 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,715 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 12:31 PM

Prague trip is coming up and I think I've booked my airbnb at the wrong place!  I'm going to have to invest in an international call to see if this place has a room I can rent.  I could do an all-inclusive, with food and beer, and never leave!!!!  I'm glad I'm dieting now, because I'm definitely going to gain it back!

Click on the pic!

#409 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,715 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:56 PM

Oooh!  I think I need to go here!  It's do-able during the trip I have in my head to Manzanillo/Acapulco/Puerto Escondido!

https://www.hotelesi...atanejo.com/en/

#410 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,715 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 02:47 PM

Ok, so only getting as far as Paris wasn't as bad as I would have thought :)  

(link here: *** link *** )

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users