#1 JoelR

JoelR

I shop at Walmart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 10:34 AM

https://www.yahoo.co...-121228537.html

A really positive story about a young adult Marissa who was initially excluded by her friends for a birthday party and turned it into real-life meet-ups No More Lonely Friends.  

I know during Covid, I've definitely been much more secluded than normal without workplace colleagues, family, or even close friends whom I would normally hang out with.  And while I enjoy some aspects of the peace and quiet every day and the benefits of working from home (no pants Zoom calls!), I've definitely become more aware of the lack of social interactions.  Have any of you been feeling lonelier during covid and what have you missed?    

#2 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,348 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 11:15 AM

I spent over 30 years in the restaurant industry.  After that, I really don't want to be around people much!  I like being with me, doing things I want to do and when I want to do them - or putting them off and not doing them at all!  I don't have to explain to myself why I changed my mind, nor do I need to worry about hurting my feelings.

I have severely cut back on my walking and going to the beach, but a lot of that has to do with 90+ degree/80% humidity weather, and also watching two dogs that howl when I leave them alone.

My traveling has been the hardest hit, but I'm still doing it.  Since getting my vaccinations I've been a little less liberal with the hand sanitizer, but I'm masking and I wash my hands after I've been out.

So, my answer is no.  I don't feel lonely, and I don't feel that I've missed all that much (except my trip to Prague and Istanbul).

[and I'd have dropped those 'friends' in a hot second.  A friend will tell you when you're being difficult to be around, and offer support if you need it - not wait until you leave town to have a party]

I'm not strange, weird, off, nor crazy, my reality is just different from yours - Lewis Carroll

#3 ChadCox

ChadCox

Bitch Please!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,684 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 09:27 PM

No such issues here. Too busy with work and like Bj, I've earned enjoying my own company. 😘
  • Bj1 likes this

Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.

#4 Scott

Scott

Addicted to Men

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,625 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 10:12 PM

No lonely issues here. I work in a grocery store, so of course, we are considered essential, so I have worked my normal 40 hours throughout this whole thing. 

If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users