• 162 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:26 AM

Sculpture of a woman in a wet robe

Attached Images

• museum_4.JPG

a heart that loves is always young

#22 Roamer1

Roamer1

My cute butler "massages" me. Mmmm.....!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,617 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 12:03 PM

Interesting historical data. :thumbs up: I like seeing the ancient arhitecture, places, and their artistry. B)
Peace.

#23 hamlet

hamlet

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 05:41 PM

Thanks Carni! Surely the Delphi Stadium is the most exquisitely sited stadium anywhere. Just once again to sit and let the eye and the mind wander across the valley - and perhaps hear an Oracle's riddle? The slender elegance of the Palaestra's Ionic columns and the quiet thrill I felt walking along the road. I wondered, just for a for a moment, if I climbed up and kissed the Praxitelis' Hermes - would he come to life? The Romans - what a vulgar lot - when compared with the Nike of Paeonios.
"Though this be madness, yet there is method in't."

#24 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,801 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:40 PM

I'm bumping this thread to post some pics of a place not so ancient, but still old. Until 2004 it was a "deadly prison" holding as many as 3000 prisoners.

Beautiful but extremely dangerous—that’s how many Panamanians think of the island of Coíba 30 miles from their southern coast.

There are some beautiful photos in the piece. Hover over the pics on the main page and select "View Images." (I think the first 2 take you through the same set of pics.)

I really like the "Life Below the Sea" set. The Garden Eels are cool, as well as this little guy.

fish in coral.jpg

Tufted Blenny

You can enlarge them and download them for desktops or screen savers.

The short article is interesting and informative. But I put this in the Gallery because of the pictures.

Those midwives to history put on their bloody robes

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users