Photo

what song are you listening to right now?

1724 replies to this topic

#1721 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,179 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:39 PM

I want el beso :love2:

Me too!  Dame el beso ultimo!!!!

No one can be exactly like me. Even I have trouble doing it. - T. Bankhead

#1722 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,653 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:29 AM

If you did not catch any of the Black Girls Rock tribute to Aretha they're worth a youtube search! I especially love Ledisi and everything that woman does. Her music is awesome house music for cooking and chores. Fantansia showed out very well and Stephanie Mills made a rare appearance too!

animated_background_b1.gifLife's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.animated_background_b1.gif

#1723 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,179 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:58 PM

No one can be exactly like me. Even I have trouble doing it. - T. Bankhead

#1724 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,653 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:43 PM

^^^smorgasbord^^^

• Bj1 likes this

animated_background_b1.gifLife's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.animated_background_b1.gif

#1725 Tyler

Tyler

Bandit was the love of my life.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,761 posts

Posted Today, 11:46 AM

From one of the greatest albums ever recorded in my opinion.

I bought this album on 180 gram vinyl... a 2018 remaster by Ferry himself (and other engineers). I had only known this album on CD (or digital download) as it came out during the shift away from vinyl. Well... I actually said "holy fuck" out loud when I heard the song "Avalon" specifically, this is perhaps the best pressing I have ever heard on vinyl of any piece off music, it takes that song (and entire album) to an entirely new level and besides my initial cuss :P it left me speechless. The sound stage is vast and beautifully placed and the highs and lows are so crisp. Yannick Ettiene's beautiful backing vocals on the song "Avalon" just soar and elicit goose bumps.

If you have a record player BUY this album before it's gone. It's a masterpiece to start with - but this pressing... wow, just wow.

• Bj1 likes this

"The only thing we are really sure of is that we live and want to go on living. This is something that we share with everything else that lives, from elephants to blades of grass—and, of course, every human being. So we are brothers and sisters to all living things, and owe to all of them the same care and respect, that we wish for ourselves." — James Brabazon

sig.jpg

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users