2030 replies to this topic

#2031 Tyler

Tyler

Bandit was the love of my life.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,761 posts

Posted Today, 11:58 AM

I am not a big movie guy (short attention span) but on the weekend I watched one that now ranks as one of the best films I have ever had the pleasure of watching. If you haven't seen Wes Anderson's "Isle of Dogs" try it out. It's a very neat story about a future doggie dystopia where a corrupt Japanese mayor decides to send all dogs to a large garbage island to eradicate a dog flu and his ward, Atari, takes matters into his own hands... and I'll leave the story there. With deadpan humor, some relevant modern political equivalents, the best stop motion animation I've ever seen, this movie is a true delight and if it doesn't get an Oscar nod for Best Picture of at least best Animated Picture it will be a terrible oversight.

i_bite.jpg

^^ "I bite" :biggrin: Atari hugging a reluctant Chief.

:thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

isle_of_dogs.jpg

P.S. The soundtrack/music is awesome too... sort of reminiscent of Bowie's Labyrinth in parts.

"The only thing we are really sure of is that we live and want to go on living. This is something that we share with everything else that lives, from elephants to blades of grass—and, of course, every human being. So we are brothers and sisters to all living things, and owe to all of them the same care and respect, that we wish for ourselves." — James Brabazon

sig.jpg

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users