293 replies to this topic

#261 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,922 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 12:49 PM

I think I'm toured out!  I'd already done a tour to the little town of El Quelite several years ago, but there's a restaurant that has really good lengua - so when the tour guide for Guadalajara said he was doing an El Quelite tour, I said yes.  Birthday lunch of lengua is not to be missed :)

lengua is a HUGE Canadian export ;)

animated_background_b1.gifLife's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.animated_background_b1.gif

#262 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,381 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:12 PM

A facebook friend of mine does videos of things around Mazatlán.  This is our public market.  El Mercado Pino Suarez takes up a city block, has two levels, and is where I do much of my grocery shopping.  My favorite places for both horchata and límondada are there, so it's a frequent stop during my wanderings. They're working on the floor, it isn't usually dirt.

No one can be exactly like me. Even I have trouble doing it. - T. Bankhead

#263 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,381 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:04 PM

My fitbit says 11,000 steps today.  It feels like mucho mas!

Took a nice little walk today. Apartment to Playa Norte, to Paseo Claussen, to Olas Altas, to the Mercado, then home. 10,000 steps – Done!

Sights along the way:

Daily Walk 01.jpg

Daily Walk 02.jpg

Daily Walk 03.jpg

Daily Walk 04.jpg

Daily Walk 05.jpg

Daily Walk 06.jpg

Daily Walk 07.jpg

#264 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,922 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:47 AM

My fitbit says 11,000 steps today.  It feels like mucho mas!

Took a nice little walk today. Apartment to Playa Norte, to Paseo Claussen, to Olas Altas, to the Mercado, then home. 10,000 steps – Done!

Sights along the way:

Just carrying the camera and sharing with us counts as worthy steps as well! :love3:

animated_background_b1.gifLife's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.animated_background_b1.gif

#265 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,381 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:06 AM

Just carrying the camera and sharing with us counts as worthy steps as well! :love3:

I'll take them any way I can get them!

#266 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,381 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 10:01 PM

One of my favorite places, La Marea.  They have one of the best views in the whole city, and their food and drinks aren't half bad.  When I stop there, it's usually for a bite during one of my daily walks, but I'm putting a sunset dinner on my list of things to do!

#267 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,922 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 09:42 AM

It's clearly a night life port town. Or is that just the sale?

I bet the seafood is unreal. :love3:

#268 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,381 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 08:17 PM

It's clearly a night life port town. Or is that just the sale?

I bet the seafood is unreal. :love3:

They are totally laid back during the day!  Haven't been there at night - I'd expect that if they're still doing a dj thing, it'd be Fri/Sat.  There are LOTS of places to party this time of year, primarily in the Gold Zone/Zona Dorada (the hotel/tourist area) - which is about 5 miles North of me.  A few places at my 15-minute-walk-to-get-there beach as well.

And the food at La Marea is good.  Not as good as my neighborhood marisqueria, but worth the price.  This was my lunch bite the other day - don't know if I posted it elsewhere or not.  They call it a shrimp gordita, but it wasn't a traditional gordita.  Had a clamato michelada to go with.  Made the walk from my apartment a wash, but what the hell :)

48406878_266847777316971_464256820767516

#269 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,922 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 08:42 PM

They are totally laid back during the day!  Haven't been there at night - I'd expect that if they're still doing a dj thing, it'd be Fri/Sat.  There are LOTS of places to party this time of year, primarily in the Gold Zone/Zona Dorada (the hotel/tourist area) - which is about 5 miles North of me.  A few places at my 15-minute-walk-to-get-there beach as well.

And the food at La Marea is good.  Not as good as my neighborhood marisqueria, but worth the price.  This was my lunch bite the other day - don't know if I posted it elsewhere or not.  They call it a shrimp gordita, but it wasn't a traditional gordita.  Had a clamato michelada to go with.  Made the walk from my apartment a wash, but what the hell :)

48406878_266847777316971_464256820767516

That actually looks fairly keto friendly...at least for a few nibbles. :love3:

• Bj1 likes this

#270 Smokeshadow

Smokeshadow

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,519 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 10:19 PM

BJ - that looks simply devine.  I recognize the shrimp, onions & avacado; but what else is in there?  :eat:

• Bj1 likes this
My mind is software; I will reprogram it.
My body is a shell; I will modify it.
Death is a disease; I will cure it.
Extinction is ever-looming; I will fight it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users