971 replies to this topic

#21 dodo

dodo

dOdInSkI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,569 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:16 PM

And sad times for Eurovision fans across the globe... Sigurjón Brink died of a heart attack today :( He was only 36 :( :( :(
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image You can bask in all my glory... but you'll never be divine. I'm sorry... user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

#22 Roamer1

Roamer1

My cute butler "massages" me. Mmmm.....!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,808 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:27 AM

Don't know if she was that famous in the States, but anyway... RIP Susannah York :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-12200725

Yes, she was.
Peace.

#23 Charmed1

Charmed1

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:11 PM

Another legendary talent gone . . . RIP John Barry.

Remembering the Bond Theme composer.
Remember: KARMA is a bitch! (Why does everyone keep calling me KARMA?)

#24 Smokeshadow

Smokeshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,798 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:39 AM

It was briefly mentioned in the News thread, but Cleopatra is dead :big cry: :big cry:

http://movies.yahoo....ylor-dies-79-ap
My mind is software; I will reprogram it.
My body is a shell; I will modify it.
Death is a disease; I will cure it.
Extinction is ever-looming; I will fight it.

#25 Charmed1

Charmed1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:07 AM

May she rest in peace.

Attached Images

• 190074_1877580229394_1537892048_2009969_7818595_n.jpg

Remember: KARMA is a bitch! (Why does everyone keep calling me KARMA?)

#26 Patrick

Patrick

My Butler Likes a man with a bush...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,310 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:48 PM

Dame Elizabeth Taylor May she rest in blissful peace. She will be missed... :big cry:

Attached Images

• elizabeth_taylor_530x298b.jpg

Life is short ~ Dance Naked ~ And Wiggle Your Ass!!!

#27 grannymede

grannymede

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:11 PM

I loved Dame Elizabeth because she loved gays: Rock Hudson, Montgomery Clift (my favorite), Michael Jackson (not near my favorite) and (I think) Roddy McDowell to name a few of the best known. May she rest in peace. Granny :grannymede: mede

What ever happened to that archaic word "pr*bl*ms"?  I haven't seen it used in many a day.  That's why I typed it as if it is forbidden.  Is the dismissal of the word another sign of the wussification of America?  What does EOD say?

#28 fasteddy

fasteddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:15 PM

Taylor was truly a spectacular beauty. Such a shame she led such a troubled life when it came to men. She did love to be married, just not to the same man for a long time. :(

#29 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,801 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:51 PM

A true legend, a great actress and wonderful woman. She did more for the AIDS cause than any other single person or entity. She knew how to live and she did it right.

One of my favorite movies is Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?. I never tire of it. I love the long scenes without any noticeable cuts. The sheer esoteric nature of George and Martha's relationship and how their need for each other manifested itself in such quirky ways that seemed almost obscene to an outsider. There are only a couple of scenes that let you, the viewer, in on the secret. Simply amazing writing. The fact that (and the reasons why) it was filmed in black and white when color had long been a standard at the time. Taylor actually put on weight for the movie to make her look older.

Here's a piece of trivia that involves the game Trivia Pursuit. Back when that game first came out I was playing with some friends and I got the question: Who where the only 4 cast members in the movie Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? I got voted the "gayest" person at the party because I not only knew all 4 names they were looking for, but I also knew that the question was in error; there are 6 people in the movie. Agnes & Frank Flanagan appeared as the bar owners when the foursome went "dancing." (Never knew if those 2 were married or what.)

When Taylor was selected for the movie no one was quite certain that she would be good enough to play the role as her earlier work had not been nearly as demanding. Well they found out.

You bet she was baby. You bet she was.

Those midwives to history put on their bloody robes

#30 Patrick

Patrick

My Butler Likes a man with a bush...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,310 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:48 PM

I love that movie, so powerful. But, I have always had a difficult time seeing ET such a mess both emotionally and physically as compared to most of her movies. She was alwys so beautifully put togehter. Another confession, I loved her in Father of the Bride and Father's Little Dividend. They were nonsense movies but light hearted and funny. She was so beautiful :)
Life is short ~ Dance Naked ~ And Wiggle Your Ass!!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users