361 replies to this topic

#21 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,801 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

I keep forgetting to mention (remind) that Bates Motel premiers tonight. I think it was either Bj or Smoke or Cat, I forget, who originally posted about that show on A&E.

Those midwives to history put on their bloody robes

#22 Scott

Scott

You want some of this??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,953 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

I saw a bit of it while we were on our second break on tag night at work last night. That poor kid's mom is a whack job, just like in the movie....lol
If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

#23 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,801 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

I didn't care for it.

#24 Catman

Catman

Catman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

If you have Yahoo as your home page and/or AT&T UVERSE as your cable connection you may have noticed that UVERSE is offering direct connection via the net to all the NCAA basketball tournament games. What this means for me is that since I have my PC connected to both my TV and my new 3D monitor, I can watch these games simultaneously in 2D to 3D upgrade on the monitor, as well as full screen HD on the large TV. REALLY NEAT!! ;) :D Actually, I can do this with all videos I get off the net, but this is the first time Ive been able to do it with live TV. :) Cat

#25 Catman

Catman

Catman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

On one of the newscasts I saw yesterday there was an item about the TV networks being upset about a new internet TV service (don't recall the name) that is offering regular TV like you get from cable & satellite service, only this would be available directly to your PC or mobile device. Presumably this would eliminate the need for the usual satellite or cable box, or even Netflix or Hulu. It all sounded rather revolutionary, but details are sketchy and I can't find any referances to it on the net today. Is anyone familiar with this new developement in the TV industry?? :unsure: :blink: Cat

#26 keoniana

keoniana

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

I think they suppressed it on the net coz I thought I heard or read something about it Oh Mighty Pastol, what do you hear ? keo

#27 Catman

Catman

Catman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

I ran a Norton full system scan, but those highlighted link words remain. That isn't a problem as long as I don't click on them, but it is an annoyance anyway. :rolleyes: <_< I'll check to see if that situation existes with other sites I may go to. ;) Cat

#28 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,801 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

Most likely they were talking about a current court case gong on where a group of "broadcasters" (using that term widely) are trying to get an injunction against a company named Aereo. See: American Broadcasting Companies et al. v. Aereo, Inc. (See also: Aereo: Everything You Need to Know) There is a whole slew of broadcasters trying to stop them but so far the court has shot down any attempts to shutter their business, even temporarily. It really is not a big deal to any of us YET. They are only available in NYC. But they have big expansion plans. It isn't free. But it is cheap.

One word of advise/warning: Right now there is no nation wide "Watch TV on your PC Free" service that is worth two bits. I know that Cat never used the word free, but this brings to mind an ad that has been on the Web for years. It literally is about as old as the Web itself. They claim you can watch thousands of uncensored TV stations from around the world all for free if you purchase their software. If you have an urgent need to watch Ugandan TV in Swahili, you might need the service. If not, ignore it. I recall years ago, when you could still do so, I gave it a test drive and it was worthless. There is a reason they don't list the available channels on the Sites. Also, I comb the Web from time to time looking for anything new in this field and so far, there are a handful of claims, but nothing worth two cents.

Back to Aereo. It may be something to keep an eye on. If in fact they are allowed to proceed with their growth plans, it will be a pretty big deal. However, with all of the money behind the opposition, I wouldn't hold my breath.

#29 Catman

Catman

Catman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

I ran a Norton full system scan, but those highlighted link words remain. That isn't a problem as long as I don't click on them, but it is an annoyance anyway. :rolleyes: <_< I'll check to see if that situation existes with other sites I may go to. ;)

Cat

OOPS.........that post got posted to the wrong topic. I meant to post it to my Tool Shed topic regarding word links. I'll repost it there. <_<

Cat

#30 Catman

Catman

Catman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

Most likely they were talking about a current court case gong on where a group of "broadcasters" (using that term widely) are trying to get an injunction against a company named Aereo. See: American Broadcasting Companies et al. v. Aereo, Inc. (See also: Aereo: Everything You Need to Know) There is a whole slew of broadcasters trying to stop them but so far the court has shot down any attempts to shutter their business, even temporarily. It really is not a big deal to any of us YET. They are only available in NYC. But they have big expansion plans. It isn't free. But it is cheap.

One word of advise/warning: Right now there is no nation wide "Watch TV on your PC Free" service that is worth two bits. I know that Cat never used the word free, but this brings to mind an ad that has been on the Web for years. It literally is about as old as the Web itself. They claim you can watch thousands of uncensored TV stations from around the world all for free if you purchase their software. If you have an urgent need to watch Ugandan TV in Swahili, you might need the service. If not, ignore it. I recall years ago, when you could still do so, I gave it a test drive and it was worthless. There is a reason they don't list the available channels on the Sites. Also, I comb the Web from time to time looking for anything new in this field and so far, there are a handful of claims, but nothing worth two cents.

Back to Aereo. It may be something to keep an eye on. If in fact they are allowed to proceed with their growth plans, it will be a pretty big deal. However, with all of the money behind the opposition, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yup........it was Aereo that I saw the news item about, and I believe it was on CNN. Your analysis is spot on , Pastol, but regardless how this case turns out I think it a harbinger of things to come. Increasingly as time goes by the Internet and access to it is dominating video and TV. It will be interesting to see what changes come down the pike. BTW, whatever happened to predictions the internet would someday get "full"?? :rolleyes: :D

Cat

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users