469 replies to this topic

#451 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,703 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:29 PM

You need a rescue who's lived through the rough years and ready to retire. A nice fat tabby who will own you for naps, cuddles, meals and cleaning the litter. I love my Layla. She was so traumatized when I got her it took two years for her to actually be seen moving about the house. She is overtly grateful for her safe and loving home to do as she pleases. We know each other routines and she helps keep me out of my own head and skin some of the time. Good luck Catman!!

animated_background_b1.gifLife's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.animated_background_b1.gif

#452 Catman

Catman

Catman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:49 PM

I do think you're right, ChadCox, what I really need is an older cat that's ready to retire like myself. With that in mind today I visited a local cat rescue organization  that specializes in finding homes for cats of all ages. I did take a liking to one cat in particular even though it was only 4 years old. It was a male tabby named Cabo with an unusual coloring and thick silky coat (see pic). His personality seemed calm and friendly, and the staff said he was a sweetheart. There were other cats there that were also possibilities, but so far I've put Cabo #1 on the list despite his younger age.

After I got back home I had a voice mail from the people who have the Bengal to adopt out. Even though I'm very skeptical that Van Gough the Bengal is the right cat for me because of its' probable high energy level, etc., I decided to go ahead and meet Van Gough before making a final decision. After all, it's not every day the opportunity arises to get such an expensive purebred cat at such a very low cost. When I told them about my reservations they even suggested a trial adoption period might be the way to go. Anyway, I have an appointment for 10 A.M. tomorrow to actually meet Van Gough to asses our compatibility. If it does turn out that he's too much cat for me to handle, Cabo will likely still be available as an alternative.

All that being said, I still have Ken to deal with. <_<

Attached Images

• display_thumbnailNMYZ3LC3.jpg

#453 Catman

Catman

Catman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:55 PM

Update:

At the last minute I did decide against adopting the Bengal, so I called and canceled the meeting appointment. They were very understanding, and even suggested an alternative Breed called the Ragdoll. The Ragdoll is another hard to find breed, however, but I did find one located and up for adoption in Davis, Ca., just a short drive from here. They're supposed to be the sweet, calm, laid back lap cat type, but tend to be a bit larger than other breeds. Here's a pic of Bailey, the 5 y/o female Bicolor Lilac Ragdoll in Davis. It will take some rethinking of exactly what I'm looking for because of the longer hair, but I'll keep an open mind anyway.

Attached Images

• baily.jpg

#454 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,703 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:00 PM

Update:

At the last minute I did decide against adopting the Bengal, so I called and canceled the meeting appointment. They were very understanding, and even suggested an alternative Breed called the Ragdoll. The Ragdoll is another hard to find breed, however, but I did find one located and up for adoption in Davis, Ca., just a short drive from here. They're supposed to be the sweet, calm, laid back lap cat type, but tend to be a bit larger than other breeds. Here's a pic of Bailey, the 5 y/o female Bicolor Lilac Ragdoll in Davis. It will take some rethinking of exactly what I'm looking for because of the longer hair, but I'll keep an open mind anyway.

My best friend has a ragdoll and her daughter rolls it around in a babydoll stroller. She is the most docile, loving cat I've ever witnessed. Remember you can take the long hair for grooming and it will be a nice thing to do together. Hope it works out!!

animated_background_b1.gifLife's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.animated_background_b1.gif

#455 pastol

pastol

Supersexual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,801 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:30 PM

Alabama fishermen rescue two kitty-kats.

Those midwives to history put on their bloody robes

#456 Tyler

Tyler

Bandit was the love of my life.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 06:40 PM

bandit.jpg

my_boy.jpg

I love my boy so much.

"The only thing we are really sure of is that we live and want to go on living. This is something that we share with everything else that lives, from elephants to blades of grass—and, of course, every human being. So we are brothers and sisters to all living things, and owe to all of them the same care and respect, that we wish for ourselves." — James Brabazon

sig.jpg

#457 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,228 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:03 PM

He looks like he'd be perfect couch potato buddies with my boy Pei :)

Oh ... Pastol, that post you made about the kitties .... my Aunt and Uncle lived on the Warrior river.  Truly amazingly beautiful part of the country even if the locals area a little behind the social times.  We'd make a road trip every other year to visit.  Other than the time I almost drowned, I have pleasant memories of playing with a dozen cousins and eating my Aunt's 'everything tastes better fried in bacon grease' food (it does taste better).  Every time I smell mildew I think of their basement (house on a river = mildew-ie basement).

No one can be exactly like me. Even I have trouble doing it. - T. Bankhead

#458 Smokeshadow

Smokeshadow

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,952 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:22 PM

Tyler - why haven't you gotten Bandit his own cell phone instead of making him use that old land line? :haha:  :haha:  :haha:

My mind is software; I will reprogram it.
My body is a shell; I will modify it.
Death is a disease; I will cure it.
Extinction is ever-looming; I will fight it.

#459 Tyler

Tyler

Bandit was the love of my life.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:18 PM

Tyler - why haven't you gotten Bandit his own cell phone instead of making him use that old land line? :haha:  :haha:  :haha:

Hey man.... back off - Bandit has his own iPad with all his favourite music - we use it every night in bed. That picture with the old phone is 12 years ago.... of course he's up-to-date now (I think he deletes his emails though). He's a pretty secretive fella.

"The only thing we are really sure of is that we live and want to go on living. This is something that we share with everything else that lives, from elephants to blades of grass—and, of course, every human being. So we are brothers and sisters to all living things, and owe to all of them the same care and respect, that we wish for ourselves." — James Brabazon

sig.jpg

#460 Navy

Navy

Burgers anyone?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,220 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:39 AM

This is Buddy our Beagle that we rescued a year ago this past September.

He truly is the perfect dog and makes my world complete.
user posted image

You can play the game and you can act out the part, though you know it wasn't written for you . . . James Taylor

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users