Photo

2020 US Elections

president presidential election election congressional seats STDs Stop the Donald

18 replies to this topic

#1 ChadCox

ChadCox

Remembering Catman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,108 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:27 PM

Let's get the ball rolling for the prevention of the WORST STD to hit America in many, many moons!

Anti-Trump-Bumper-Stickers-2020.jpg

Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.

#2 ChadCox

ChadCox

Remembering Catman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,108 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:31 PM

NCPete.jpg

#3 snoopy

snoopy

I shop at Bloomingdales

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 07:50 PM

Love the STD slogan!!!!

The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.

#4 Scott

Scott

You want some of this??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,048 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:46 PM

Let's get the ball rolling for the prevention of the WORST STD to hit America in many, many moons!

attachicon.gifAnti-Trump-Bumper-Stickers-2020.jpg

Ha! awesome  :lol:

If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

#5 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,647 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 09:37 PM

Politics is a game of give and takes. I think we all know that even if the House and Senate majorities, and the Presidency are held by the same party, there are always compromises made in order to pass legislation.

The most frequent complaint I hear about U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren are their ideas are too far out there to ever be enacted into law.

So here's my point. Would you want someone with tame 20 degree different ideas like Pete Buttigieg or Amy Klobuchar meeting in the middle with their opposition, or Bernie/Elizabeth with their 180 degree ideas? Let's see ... meet in the middle with 20 degree difference comes out to be "we got 10 degrees done". Meet in the middle with a 180 degree difference = "we got 90 degrees done".

Frankly, moving 10 degrees at a time is bullshit.

Mayor Pete.jpg
No one can be exactly like me. Even I have trouble doing it. - T. Bankhead

#6 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,647 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 01:14 PM

My "free views" are running out, maybe I need a NY Times subscription :)

https://www.newyorke...VFkSwZVYRk4Qyjk

mayor pete 2.jpg

My opposition to Pete Buttigieg is that he isn't a progressive.  Not that he's the "wrong kind of gay" or that I don't think the country is ready for a gay President (we already had Buchanan), but that absolutely nothing will change if he's in office.  Yes, he might try to restore the damage done by the current asshole-in-chief, but he thinks the country is just fine as it is.  Wealth inequality, lack of education and healthcare, climate change, and obscene massive military spending have to be addressed now.  He's not the one who will do it.  Not that I won't vote for him if he winds up being the nominee - I'll just be very, very sad.

#7 Tyler

Tyler

I miss you.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:20 PM

Something bothers me about Pete... an introvert pretending to be an extrovert. This cycle is about getting rid of the lawless Trump for the sake of your country. I think Bloomberg and his money is the best option at the moment. I was for Klobuchar from the start but didn't reallly think she had a chance, so this recent success is heartening... maybe she's a VP pick. As for Bernie and big change that will come in time - for now it's imperative Trump is not re-elected or all bets off for the harm he'll do. Beltway rumour is Hillary is going to go out and support Bloomberg by shadowing Trump, drawing similar crowd sizes and broadcasting it to get under Trump's skin. At this point... whatever it takes.

Remembering Pastol.

pastol.jpg

#8 ChadCox

ChadCox

Remembering Catman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,108 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:34 PM

I agree on Pete being more moderate than progressive (though I have read his book and he does specifically identify himself as progressive) but I don't think the stronger progressive candidate will successfully overcome Chump's degree of treachery. A bridge builder, conservative or no, may have a better chance, given sufficient support from a united constituency, of influence on the undecided to actually make an unexpected finish. It's what it took to get Obama and defeating Trump is far more important than how progressive the candidate's progress will be beyond damage control and and setting a better course. I truly believe the moderate have a stronger chance of that battle than the blatantly progressive. I'm afraid if I vote my heart for the same love for progressive change as described I may have to endure another four years of the worst presidency I've ever known. :love3:

#9 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,647 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 02:53 PM

I, respectfully, don't agree.  Change doesn't happen by cooperating.  Suffragettes got women the vote.  Race riots were the force behind integration.  Act Up (and other groups like it) was the force behind the USA finally moving to do something about the AIDS crisis and with Pride marches, was behind moving public opinion on gay rights and marriage.  Change only happens when people start it - and cooperation isn't ever change.  Moderates can get a piece of the independent vote, but progressives can get the younger voters.  And if you don't vote your heart, you only have yourself to live with when you never get the country you hoped for.  I always told my co-workers to ask for a raise when they felt one was deserved because rarely will someone just come out and hand one to you without you speaking up.  You want a different kind of country?  One that provides health care, education, and maybe has balanced income inequality enough for people to afford houses again; or more of the "take from social programs and give to pharma / oil / military / uber rich"?  Not going to ever happen by building bridges with the likes of Mitch McConnell.  

Bloomberg is a Republican.  I don't care that he "officially" switched parties, he still has Republican ideals.  Stop and Frisk, and that he continued to support it until January of this year, is enough for me to vote for someone else.  I don't see the DNC getting behind him either, but then again - money does talk so I won't say never.

#10 Tyler

Tyler

I miss you.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 03:23 PM

I think Bloomberg will be the nominee.

I respectfully disagree about moderate politicians... the radical change politicians will just be stymied by a polarized country. It's the two party system in part to blame. Small incremental changes do work, not always ideal, but better than getting absolutely nothing done with "the likes of Mitch McConnell". There is (was) a time for this kind of change but that time isn't now.

Remembering Pastol.

pastol.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users