Photo

2020 US Elections

president presidential election election congressional seats STDs Stop the Donald

34 replies to this topic

#11 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,797 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 03:48 PM

I think Bloomberg will be the nominee.

I respectfully disagree about moderate politicians... the radical change politicians will just be stymied by a polarized country. It's the two party system in part to blame. Small incremental changes do work, not always ideal, but better than getting absolutely nothing done with "the likes of Mitch McConnell". There is (was) a time for this kind of change but that time isn't now.

And that's where we differ - I think the time is more than overdue, and is definitely now :)

Here's a little emphasis on my stated objection for Mike Bloomberg ...

No one can be exactly like me. Even I have trouble doing it. - T. Bankhead

#12 Tyler

Tyler

I miss you.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,905 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 05:01 PM

If a President with major change ideas is elected now, they will get nothing done, so in this cycle it doesn't really matter anyway. Your 180 degrees becomes 90 degrees of change and 20 becomes only 10 is a flawed theory - this is more of a sellers market and negotiations are terribly one-sided ;)

I'm also not so partisan that I think being a Republican (or a Conservative up here) is a bad thing - certainly this latest version of the Republican party toadies for Trump are revolting but my guess is a lot of them will pay a political price for this.

There is not enough overall support for a progressive revolution so it is a recipe for more gridlock... there's a five alarm fire that needs to be put out first before any sweeping changes can be made... the nominee just needs to have the means to put out the fire. However, I'm not averse to any candidate, whoever the Democratic electorate agrees on would have my full support and vote (if I could vote) - a winning fence post might do for the next four years. For now, I think the guy with those means is Bloomberg... all politicians have a past, so I'm not going there. The only one I really don't care for is on the other side (and maybe Tulsi lol).

Remembering Pastol.

pastol.jpg

#13 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,797 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:36 PM

If a President with major change ideas is elected now, they will get nothing done, so in this cycle it doesn't really matter anyway. Your 180 degrees becomes 90 degrees of change and 20 becomes only 10 is a flawed theory - this is more of a sellers market and negotiations are terribly one-sided ;)

I'm also not so partisan that I think being a Republican (or a Conservative up here) is a bad thing - certainly this latest version of the Republican party toadies for Trump are revolting but my guess is a lot of them will pay a political price for this.

There is not enough overall support for a progressive revolution so it is a recipe for more gridlock... there's a five alarm fire that needs to be put out first before any sweeping changes can be made... the nominee just needs to have the means to put out the fire. However, I'm not averse to any candidate, whoever the Democratic electorate agrees on would have my full support and vote (if I could vote) - a winning fence post might do for the next four years. For now, I think the guy with those means is Bloomberg... all politicians have a past, so I'm not going there. The only one I really don't care for is on the other side (and maybe Tulsi lol).

I still, respectfully, think you're wrong.  I would agree that nothing will get done - if our Congress remains split.  No candidate will fix that one.  And I by no means am counting on the young voters to actually stop complaining and do something about it (like vote) although I am always hopeful.  Yes - all politicians have a past; that's how we determine who does what they say they will do, and whose ideas are in line with ours.  Bloomberg is definitely not in line with many things I believe in.

I would also hope that the Republicans who support Trump will pay a price at the polls.  And just to remind you - there was enough overall support for a revolution during our last election.  The one almost everyone kept saying Hillary was going to win.

But, we do agree that even a fence post would be better than what we have today.

#14 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,797 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 10:45 PM

Just for the record, when others think my ideas and views are possibly "out there" .... take a look in the 2016 thread and see who was consistently worried that Trump would win, while everyone else said Hillary had it in the bag.

**Good starting point**

(big blank spot for me where the facebook post should be, but hitting refresh a few times brought it back).

#15 ChadCox

ChadCox

Remembering Keo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 10:11 AM

Just for the record, when others think my ideas and views are possibly "out there" .... take a look in the 2016 thread and see who was consistently worried that Trump would win, while everyone else said Hillary had it in the bag.

**Good starting point**

(big blank spot for me where the facebook post should be, but hitting refresh a few times brought it back).

I think you are very gifted in explaining and supporting your views. I appreciate your vision and remember the feelings I got ready the discussion on frump and Hillary. I only WISH you were wrong. :love3: I still say the only way to defeat this cancerous ass as the tiny white bit at the top of the black heap is to have a bridge builder to not only enjoy the full support of the left but also draw moderates from the right. :)

Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.

#16 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,797 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 02:37 PM

ChadCox - Thanks, I wish I had been wrong as well.  

#17 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,797 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 04:51 PM

Trevor Noah has a series of these.  I don't see one on Joe Biden though.

#18 ChadCox

ChadCox

Remembering Keo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 03:11 PM

87475037_3267122533302669_4293623185984716800_n.jpg

#19 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,797 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 08:07 PM

#20 ChadCox

ChadCox

Remembering Keo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 07:00 PM

"Trump thinks that he is going to use impeachment to get his revenge on Nancy Pelosi for impeaching him, but the numbers suggest that if Trump tries to win back the House, he will be wasting his time."

https://www.politicu...UySN5EmDV5kds8s

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users