10103 replies to this topic

#10091 Scott

Scott

You want some of this??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,930 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 11:22 AM

I agree with Smokeshadow. Take care, Ed.

Ditto 

If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

#10092 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 07:36 PM

...When I saw my GP the following day he termed the event "interesting" but only prescribed a mild BP med as it was slightly elevated....That morning certainly was different from the "Groundhog Day" movie nature of retirement that's for sure.    :)

Maybe you'll have some weird flashes of remembrance and wake up dreaming about a lovely man from another dimension visiting and having his way before a mind erase. :love3:

220px-Agent_J_MIB11.jpg

animated_background_b1.gifLife's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.animated_background_b1.gif

#10093 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,468 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:25 PM

Today it's 92 f/33 c in Mazatlán, and 71% humidity.  It's also a day with a cruise ship in port.  Passengers who decided to walk were NOT doing well.  I saw many bright red faces, and only about half were carrying bottles of water.  I know what it's like and I take precautions, and even so *I* had to cut my tourist aide volunteer shift short and get home for a cool (comparatively) shower and a few minutes of rest.  Pushing yourself athletically is one thing.  Pushing mother nature is something totally different.  Sometimes I think the heat sucks intelligence out of people too - we had a couple, dripping with sweat, who refused to pay one of the pulmonia drivers $6 to take them the rest of the way to their destination.  Six bucks, or putting yourself in a position to need medical attention?  I'd pay.

Here's a fun little explanation of heat exhaustion from the Mayo Clinic.  Worth the read, if just to remind yourself what to and not to do.  

No one can be exactly like me. Even I have trouble doing it. - T. Bankhead

#10094 fasteddy

fasteddy

My butler does my shopping

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:46 PM

Sorry to hear about your ER event, Eddy.  Please take care of yourself and let us know the outcome of your upcoming tests.  :hugs:

Thanks Smoke!!! All the test came back pretty much normal with no trail to being unconscious.  I'm just so glad that Lilith didn't watch me spazzing out  until the ambulance got there, that's not what a 6 year old needs to see happen to her Uncle Eddy!!  Our little chats when she comes and "chills" with me as she puts it are the highlight of any day for sure!!!  Jessica gave me two new pics of Lilith, one wall and one wallet to remind me that I'm important to someone according to her, lol!! She made a get home kit of treats to sit next to me just in case I have a sugar issue (don't).  I was incoherent for about 30 minutes or so with no memory between my brothers couch and waking up in the ER.  All the test results are back from the spinal with no trail to follow there and the  MRI and CAT showed nothing unusual or causitive.  I'm gonna start checking in daily with Jess so she will worry less.  She wrote and left me a 2 page letter in script no less the day I came back home and left it next to me when she went to work at 4am in case I left before she could share what was on her mind.  I feel pretty lucky overall......   :)

#10095 fasteddy

fasteddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:40 AM

Back home and feel fine.  With any luck I play today with a guy who has been waiting to see me for a bit.....   :)

#10096 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,468 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:53 PM

No one can be exactly like me. Even I have trouble doing it. - T. Bankhead

#10097 Scott

Scott

You want some of this??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,930 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:36 PM

Holy crap!! ^^^^^

If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

#10098 fasteddy

fasteddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 03:14 PM

Yea, flood zones are exciting for sure with their manner of going from placid to to terror in a manner of minutes in seems, or by driving a couple blocks.   My parents grew up in Wilkes-Barre an Kingston so they had lots of flood stories and the city I live in now has a downtown flood zone that has been fun over the years.  Stay safe and dry!!!

#10099 fasteddy

fasteddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 06:45 PM

Oof, got 2 bills for ambulance and paramedics.   Quirk in the medicare rules may screw me out of about $1,200.00.  I guess if a volunteer ambulance service has to call in what called a paramedic intercept because they don't have a paramedic available the paramedics are not paid for if the volunteer ambulance service charges it's clients.  Anthem Mediblue is trying to come up with a billing code that can be accepted by Medicare.  Plus I have a $300.00 copay for ambulance anyhow..... .    Those bills damn near gave me a heart attack, lol........they will wipe out a big hunk of my emergency money so I'm looking for a part time job to supplement SS and replace the savings back to a six month level.....Hope to have the new choppers soon and then it's on to the eye exam and new glasses.......This shit wears you out, I didn't wanna be this busy and be retired, lol.......

#10100 Roamer1

Roamer1

My cute butler "massages" me. Mmmm.....!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 08:38 PM

Hope things go more smoothly for you, from this point on.
Peace.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users