246 replies to this topic

#241 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,179 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:07 PM

Yes, I know I've posted this trip before - but this one is primarily in English, and could serve as a little *push* to motivate some of you to visit me!  I'll go any time!  Much of it is covered in snow during the Winter months though and I'm not sure the adventure park runs :)

No one can be exactly like me. Even I have trouble doing it. - T. Bankhead

#242 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,179 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 06:15 PM

So this is more of a 'What I'm going to do this Summer Winter' kind of thing :)

I'm splurging in December and taking a trip to Guadalajara. I've wanted to take the 'tequila train', and it's part of the package! Woo!!! Plus we're going to stay in Tlaquepaque and I need to do some shopping there. My [used to be] go-to place in Mazatlán quoted me $250 p for a tiny little planter that was talavera style, NOT talavera! Then they said the same price for one twice the size. I'm living here now - I don't need to pay tourist prices for my kitsch! Anyway, here's the itinerary. Anyone wanting to visit second week of December will have to join me (pay your own way though!) on the trip!

Guadalajara and Tequila town:

This is a 4 day 3 night trip with a maximum capacity of 14 traveling to Guadalajara in a 20 passenger Mercedes Benz Sprinter van. Accommodations for 3 nights will be at La Villa del Ensueno in Tlaquepaque, a Travel Club favorite. A welcome cocktail and breakfast each day is included with the room. The special feature of this trip is the train ride to Tequila on the Jose Cuervo Express, with its restored luxurious turn of the century train cars (see website for more information).

The itinerary for this trip is as follows:
Day 1, Friday: Leave Mazatlan early morning ;( 7:00AM) arrive at Tlaquepaque midafternoon. There will be a rest stop and brunch along the way in Tepic, Nayarit. Our Hotel in Tlaquepaque is very close to restaurants, galleries, shops, and downtown.

Day 2, Saturday: All aboard the Jose Cuervo Express for Tequila, Jalisco. We will have a full day in Tequila, an introduction to tequila and tasting, a tour of the Jose Cuervo facility, a Mexican Folkloric Show, a trip to the Agave fields, as well as free time to explore the magical town of Tequila. Return transportation is via bus. Approximately 10 ½ hours of great fun and a very memorable experience. 100% satisfaction guaranteed.

Day 3, Sunday: Shopping at the Tonala Craft Market. This is where you are able to buy almost all of the artworks you see in Mazatlan at serious discounts. Our 20 passenger van is perfect for transporting your treasures back to Mazatlan. After shopping, enjoy dinner at a truly unique restaurant, Santo Coyote.

Day 4, Monday: Today, before heading back to Mazatlan, we will tour the historic section of Guadalajara riding a calandria (a luxurious stagecoach) taking in the must see points of interest. After lunch we will depart for Mazatlan with an anticipated arrival home between 6:00 PM and 7:00 PM.

#243 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,179 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 02:12 PM

One of the reasons Mazatlán was the place I chose to retire to.  Puerto Vallarta has a bunch of fun gay and drag themed shows, but to get a coastal city plus a wide mix of cultural events you'd be hard pressed to come up with anyplace other than Mazatlán.  I am sad that I'll be out of town for the Bollywood production!

#244 ChadCox

ChadCox

Long Suffering Left Hook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,653 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 04:13 PM

^^^certainly looks interesting!^^^

animated_background_b1.gifLife's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection.animated_background_b1.gif

#245 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,179 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 10:49 PM

A little sunset, a little tosticamarón (tostitos with shrimp ceviche piled on top).  Nice end to the day.

sunset (1 of 1).jpg

#246 Scott

Scott

You want some of this??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:43 PM

Beautiful!! ^^^^^^

• Bj1 likes this
If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

#247 Bj1

Bj1

Я заманил л

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,179 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:35 PM

From today's walk.

The monument to the continuity of life.  Don't ask me to tell you why, but it's pretty!  Lots of times in the past the water has been shut off.  This year, every time I've walked by it's been on.  Really adds to the effect.

pics (1 of 3).jpg

This is a shot of some of the fishing boats in Playa Norte.  I'm not fond of them as their little section of the beach is littered with trash and there are cans just a few feet away.  But it makes for a nice photo op.

pics (2 of 3).jpg

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users